The Student Room Group

A Level choices

I want to do history at university (there's a small possibility I might end up choosing law instead) and am wondering what, in your opinion, would be the best subjects to take at A Level? Thanks
History and politics , English , geography
I'd suggest a combination such as History, English Literature and Politics, History, English Literature and Philosophy or History, English Literature and Geography :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by lulucoco98
History and politics , English , geography

Thanks. Unfortunately, I can't do geography as I didn't do it at GCSE, but I'm definitely doing History and English Lit, and I'll look into Politics
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Leviathan1741
I'd suggest a combination such as History, English Literature and Politics, History, English Literature and Philosophy or History, English Literature and Geography :smile:

Thanks. I'm definitely doing History and English Lit, but I'm worried that because Politics isn't in the list of facillitating subjects it could affect me chances of getting into a high ranking university. What if I did History, English Lit, Biology and Politics?
Original post by LN1234
Thanks. I'm definitely doing History and English Lit, but I'm worried that because Politics isn't in the list of facillitating subjects it could affect me chances of getting into a high ranking university. What if I did History, English Lit, Biology and Politics?

Hmm, I think the Biology might look a little random. I really don't think that you'd be at much of a disadvantage if you took a non-facilitating subject such as Politics or Philosophy :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Leviathan1741
Hmm, I think the Biology might look a little random. I really don't think that you'd be at much of a disadvantage if you took a non-facilitating subject such as Politics or Philosophy :smile:

Okay, I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks
Politics is a amazing subject at alevel!!! But do it alongside history and English or something so it balances out

Got an offer for history and politics at Southampton uni, reading, Kent and Durham with those subjects :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest