The Student Room Group

Muslims: Do you believe homosexuality should be illegal/criminalized?

This poll is closed

Only Muslims because I want to get an accurate result

Yes, it should be illegal 26%
No, I am a tolerant person who believes in "live and let live"74%
Total votes: 120
A recent documentary revealed that 50% of British Muslims believe such a thing

Scroll to see replies

Channel 4? I don't.
Original post by champ_mc99
Channel 4? I don't.

Mashallah brother!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It doesn't say in the quran that homosexuality should be criminalized it talks about what some guess to be homosexuals being punished in the time Lut. That's the only mention of it. And that was punishment from GOD not man. In fact Lot told them to refrain from their actions but it never depicts him trying to punish them himself. I think it's between them and GOD.
Someone votes Yes?!
Wahabi detected. Everyone get ready
:ninja::ninja::ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nickierose21
It doesn't say in the quran that homosexuality should be criminalized it talks about what some guess to be homosexuals being punished in the time Lut. That's the only mention of it. And that was punishment from GOD not man. In fact Lot told them to refrain from their actions but it never depicts him trying to punish them himself. I think it's between them and GOD.

Lut were not punished because of just homosexuality. In the Quran it says that something like " Ya all commit blah blah that never any has committed before..blah blah"

Homosexuality has always existed so that does not make sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zargabaath

Well if Muslims gonna give me irrational and stupid arguments then what can I say

Posted from TSR Mobile
No
Original post by KaminiZindagi
Well if Muslims gonna give me irrational and stupid arguments then what can I say

It's all entertainment for me fam :rofl:
The hardcore religious often make themselves look so stupid, no one else even needs to challenge them :lol:
Original post by BristolFresher15
We get it, you hate Islam.

Your posts are starting to get annoying. You don't present any intelligent arguments, just points that you think would cause controversy.

I dont hate Islam. LOL
I genuinely wanna know what the Muslim Youth thinks.

Where do you see me hating Islam. Poking fun does not mean I hate Islam. Grow up

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Could you add an option like "I'm not muslim but want to see the poll results" ? :smile:
Lut were not punished because of just homosexuality. In the Quran it says that something like " Ya all commit blah blah that never any has committed before..blah blah"

Homosexuality has always existed so that does not make sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kind of a weak way to bait an argument. Try better next time maybe.

Anyhow I don't believe it was. I said some people perceive it as being about homosexuality in men. But it doesn't do that normally in the Quran. It talks about what's right and wrong for people. Not just men. Like incest is a good example of that. So to me I never saw it that way when I was read the Quran to as a child. But I wouldn't do it because I am straight and it's easier to stay away from than risk it. But I was saying what some people perceive it to be. I think due to the influence of Christians and jews honestly. As it says outright it's wrong some muslims adopt the same beliefs and that's why the hadiths specifically say it too.
Original post by MildredMalone
Could you add an option like "I'm not muslim but want to see the poll results" ? :smile:

I dont know how to do that. give me instruction and i will do so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Dude I found a link:https://islamqa.info/en/10050
Original post by MildredMalone

You can just click the button that says "View poll results"...
Original post by Nickierose21
Kind of a weak way to bait an argument. Try better next time maybe.

Anyhow I don't believe it was. I said some people perceive it as being about homosexuality in men. But it doesn't do that normally in the Quran. It talks about what's right and wrong for people. Not just men. Like incest is a good example of that. So to me I never saw it that way when I was read the Quran to as a child. But I wouldn't do it because I am straight and it's easier to stay away from than risk it. But I was saying what some people perceive it to be. I think due to the influence of Christians and jews honestly. As it says outright it's wrong some muslims adopt the same beliefs and that's why the hadiths specifically say it too.

LOL. I am not criticizing Islam. I am just saying that this what the quote in the Quran states, so Lot were doing something in addition to homosexuality.

I respect your belief:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AhmedMA99
Yes I do think it should be criminalized. And here is why I think it should be.
1- It spreads STDs (Most people don't use condoms in NORMAL relationships because they feel awkward buying a condom. So Imagine buying one with your male friend)
2- It can lead to the extinction of the human race (not on a period of 20-50 years, but 100+ years)
3- It is not how humans were made.
4- Even animals DON'T have sex with the same gender.
5- It is a disease and people should get treated.

Lmao...:pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AhmedMA99
Yes I do think it should be criminalized. And here is why I think it should be.
1- It spreads STDs (Most people don't use condoms in NORMAL relationships because they feel awkward buying a condom. So Imagine buying one with your male friend)
2- It can lead to the extinction of the human race (not on a period of 20-50 years, but 100+ years)
3- It is not how humans were made.
4- Even animals DON'T have sex with the same gender.
5- It is a disease and people should get treated.

Wrong on every point(bar the 3rd) :facepalm:

So I gave you a list of reasons why is should be criminalized and all you reply by is "LAMO..." You really sound like a well educated person.. NOT.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending