The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone find the entrance exam for hradec kralove?
Original post by Shakthi03
Hey!!yes :smile: But I'm trying other faculties as well...not sure yet

Hey I was wondering how the entrance exam was? Were you well prepared for each subject?
Reply 22
Hello. I have been admitted for med also. I wanted to know if it is necesary to reserve the logement now or it is possible to to find a good place to live in september .Thank you in advance
Hey Mouhit , how was your first year so far? I'm going to apply at the faculty in the next application process, in which my first day there will be 22 Sept 2018, I read every possible review and info about the faculty on the internet but still I don't have idea about further details like whether lecturers are perfect at teaching or whether the faculty itself have good regonition to find good job opportunities after graduation ? If you have any other detail you would like to inform me I would be very glad.Thanks in advance
Reply 24
hey i also got admitted to HK for med. due to visa issues i think i might miss the first weeks thats enrollment and orientation would that be really bad? really looking forward to a reply
Original post by MedGTL
Sure, I know it can be a big step coming over here to study! I've personally not stayed in dorms, I've not heard good things and a lot of people who start off there usually end up moving out. I stay privately in a flat not far from the uni that I got through a student agency. There's two agency's that can help you get a flat, one is called foreigners and the other forstudents. I've been with both, and I personally prefer foreigners, many students have complained about forstudents but I won't go into that right now.
About the course and studying, yes it's tough, especially the first two years as you're trying to get used to the system etc. You'll have a lot of tests throughout the semester, then a credit at the end before sitting a final exam. But the good thing here is that students help each other out. There's lots of notes, past papers etc and advice from upper years to help you get through the years.
Hope that helps a little, feel free to ask any more questions.

Iam having my entrance exam for HK on 3rd of feb (medicine course) Any tips for passing??
Original post by MedGTL
Yes there are quite a few muslim students. To be pretty honest, I've found Czech people in HK are a little...err...how can I put it...distant towards foreigners/students, or maybe I should say not very receptive, and maybe that could be because I have darker skin colour. There is some unfairness in the university, and it depends on the who your lecturer is, what mood they are in etc. I try not to think about whether this is directed at certain people or not but you will wonder at times why you failed an exam (failing is not uncommon). There's probably a lot more i could say, but I don't want to scare you or put you off.
Other than that, HK itself is a small town, really easy to get around, find stuff, and beautiful.

Hi MedGTL, I am aiming at HK, Sep 2018 entry. I'd like to know more about the reference to a Prof's moods and biases. I'd hate to fail an exam just because the teacher does not like my face. I am there to study and become a doctor , not play nice just to pass. Is this fairly common in HK? I've heard some scary stories of some med schools in eastern Europe where students had to pay a prof just to pass....and have quite often come across a reference to teacher's moods and likings. I am ok with a little discrimination based on race...to be expected I guess. But it should not have any bearing on academics IMO.
How is the post graduation scenario in how for med students? Do more people go to UK or USA? How does the uni guide you?
Original post by MedGTL
Hello, I'm a student in HK, open for any questions if you need help..

Hey. How much is the pass percentage? Are the professors racist? Is the syllabus difficult to cope up with? What are the post graduation opportunities like for UK AND USA? I heard that there are no textbook, who do you study then?
Original post by asmafazal
Hi MedGTL, I am aiming at HK, Sep 2018 entry. I'd like to know more about the reference to a Prof's moods and biases. I'd hate to fail an exam just because the teacher does not like my face. I am there to study and become a doctor , not play nice just to pass. Is this fairly common in HK? I've heard some scary stories of some med schools in eastern Europe where students had to pay a prof just to pass....and have quite often come across a reference to teacher's moods and likings. I am ok with a little discrimination based on race...to be expected I guess. But it should not have any bearing on academics IMO.

I have heard of stuff like this,this is largely because of their president who is anti-immigrant but others have brushed it off as something that many people may use as an excuse just because they couldn't get through the exams, so I guess it depends from person to person,Are you also applying to Prague?I believe the situation is much better there as it is a modern progressive city, I have my exam on this saturday, looking for some like-minded individuals.
Original post by Hishaamtariqq
I have heard of stuff like this,this is largely because of their president who is anti-immigrant but others have brushed it off as something that many people may use as an excuse just because they couldn't get through the exams, so I guess it depends from person to person,Are you also applying to Prague?I believe the situation is much better there as it is a modern progressive city, I have my exam on this saturday, looking for some like-minded individuals.

What faculties have you applied to and which one are you likely to pick ?
What faculties have you applied to and which one are you likely to pick ?

Applied to all except third and accepted to all. Likely to go with first fac
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Hishaamtariqq
Applied to all except third and accepted to all. Likely to go with first fac

Any particular reason why you didnt pick 3rd ? I was considering, 1st, 3rd and HK
Any particular reason why you didnt pick 3rd ? I was considering, 1st, 3rd and HK

I didn't pjck thjrd because the exam doesn't take place here in Dubai and also because I've only really heard of the 1st,2nd and HK faculty and not much about the 3rd fac, i have however heard of a really good teacher who teaches at 3rd fac idk his name but he uploads videos on youtube
Hi all,
I’m having my exam for HK admission comin up in 11 days now and pretty freaked out since the syllabus and practice exam is so vague..
Any tips?
Reply 35
Original post by MedGTL
Hello, I'm a student in HK, open for any questions if you need help..

Heyy! im applying for HK and I have my entrance exam for first year medicine in 2 days, and Im really nervous, how is the interview gonna be?
Original post by myda_z
Heyy! im applying for HK and I have my entrance exam for first year medicine in 2 days, and Im really nervous, how is the interview gonna be?

How did your exam go ? Those who are giving Charles entrance exams this year what study material/ sample papers did you refer ?
Reply 37
Original post by Superwoman212
Hi
im gonna do the entrance exam for charles university in hradec kralove and im finding the exam topics quite difficult. Do you have any effective revision methods or tips so i can learn the topics. Most of the content is outside of my A-level syllabus thats why im quite worried about the exam.
Theres also gonna be an interview , i just wanted to know if its one-to-one?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Hey! Did you get in? Also how was the exam? I am preparing to get into the uni too. Also is there a lot of discrimination against foreign students?

Latest

Trending

Trending