Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

masters courses - help!

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I have an offer for MA Gender Studies at UCL and MSc Gender and IR at Bristol - i want to go into political journalism or working for women's rights/human rights, but I want to know which degree will be more likely to give me relevant experience. If anyone has any experience on either course or at either uni any help would be appreciated!

    Also keen to be involved in feminist/human rights societies at both unis - currently at QMUL and know that London is thriving with groups to be involved with, but I don't know as much about Bristol!

    I did my undergrad at Bristol, there's an active feminist society there, as well as social justice and human rights activism groups locally. Also it's an amazing city to live in - lots of us stay here after graduating. I had a friend who did the MSc Gender and IR here too, and really loved it.

    On the other hand, I'll be moving to London to do a masters at UCL this year, so understand the appeal of that option too! Either way, I'm sure you'll have a fab time
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.