The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Moving out of the campus room during holidays

Hi! I was doing some research on the accommodation page of Exeter and I came across the fact that during Easter break students must " move out" of their bedrooms. What does " move out" mean in this context? Do students need to take their luggage too? Or can they leave their belongings in their room? And do students also need to move out during other holidays, except for Easter?
Original post by Diana Jalea
Hi! I was doing some research on the accommodation page of Exeter and I came across the fact that during Easter break students must " move out" of their bedrooms. What does " move out" mean in this context? Do students need to take their luggage too? Or can they leave their belongings in their room? And do students also need to move out during other holidays, except for Easter?

Depends on which accommodation you are in and what contract you are on.

Some contracts will allow you and your stuff to remain in your room for the entire year, so including the Christmas and Easter holidays. Some will require you to move out over Easter but will allow you to leave your stuff in your room. Some will require you to move yourself and your stuff out over Easter.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
This is catered accomodation if im correct? From first year I remember they did have to move everything out. They let those rooms out during Easter to visitors for various reasons, so yeah, you have to move EVERYTHING out. And I believe when I was in first year, it was the last day of term (the friday)-they didnt even give you the weekend or anything like that.
Reply 3
Original post by QuentinM
This is catered accomodation if im correct? From first year I remember they did have to move everything out. They let those rooms out during Easter to visitors for various reasons, so yeah, you have to move EVERYTHING out. And I believe when I was in first year, it was the last day of term (the friday)-they didnt even give you the weekend or anything like that.

So you literally went home with all the stuff in your room? I mean...don`t they have some kind of...place where one can leave its goods during this holiday?
Have a look at the 'FAQs' section on the university website - the answer would seem to be that you should be able to leave your things over Christmas, but would need to take them with you at Easter (although details of local companies renting storage are given):

https://www.exeter.ac.uk/accommodation/faq/#collapse117
Original post by Diana Jalea
So you literally went home with all the stuff in your room? I mean...don`t they have some kind of...place where one can leave its goods during this holiday?

Yeah it is pretty inconvenient...Isinglass recommended storage companies which would be useful, as it would only be for a month, you wouldnt be spending too much.

Bear in mind this is only catered accomodation. Self catered rooms are 40 weeks contracts, continuously from Freshers Week until mid-late june. And some are 44 weeks (so mid july) or 48 weeks (mid August).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending