The Student Room Group

GCSE Month

It's official! The month of GCSEs is officially here :smile: how is everyone feeling? My exam is starting on the 3rd May but I get a 2 week break after the exam until the next one :smile:

Scroll to see replies

ahh its come so quickly. i've already done my 2 IT exams, and hve 27 exams to go :frown: currently sat at my desk but looking on the forums rather than revising... oops:colondollar:
Original post by jazz_xox_
ahh its come so quickly. i've already done my 2 IT exams, and hve 27 exams to go :frown: currently sat at my desk but looking on the forums rather than revising... oops:colondollar:

27!!! Wow you have so many exams! How many subjects are you doing?
And yes its defo coming quickly! A part of me wants it to come quickly so I can just stop all the revision and have fun during summer holidays, but a part of me just doesn't want it to come that quickly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
It's official! The month of GCSEs is officially here :smile: how is everyone feeling? My exam is starting on the 3rd May but I get a 2 week break after the exam until the next one :smile:

**** I thought it was still April
Original post by ScienceFantatic
**** I thought it was still April

Hahaha same here! Its coming by so quickly and before you know it, results day will be just around the corner!

Posted from TSR Mobile
27!!! Wow you have so many exams! How many subjects are you doing?
And yes its defo coming quickly! A part of me wants it to come quickly so I can just stop all the revision and have fun during summer holidays, but a part of me just doesn't want it to come that quickly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tell me about it! I'm doing 12 exams, but many of them include multiple papers. Yes so do I! I feel like I have done a lot of revision and would probably be ready to start them now, rather than stressing in the build-up. I'm sure it will come around super quick anyway, good luck :smile:
Original post by jazz_xox_
Tell me about it! I'm doing 12 exams, but many of them include multiple papers. Yes so do I! I feel like I have done a lot of revision and would probably be ready to start them now, rather than stressing in the build-up. I'm sure it will come around super quick anyway, good luck :smile:

Oh okk! Lool. Yh I feel confident for about 17/18 exams out of 20!
Good luck to you too! Im sure u'll smash the exams :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ANXIETYYYYY.

when I saw the date I got slightly scared. My first exam is on the 16th then a biology exam on the 17th!! :frown:
I don't have much time inbetween my exams to revise any tips on what to do :smile:

13 day break? i forgot it was more than one week. das pretty good!
:cry:

I have had 1 exam, so 24 more to go.
I can't believe how quickly this year is going! :frown:
do you have art? ikr swear yesterday i just left the womb, wth am i doing with my life :/
iGCSE Eng Lang exam on the 3rd May. Should be fine tho. Hate how the others are so close to each other, RS, French, B1, C1 in one week smh.
Reply 12
i am listening to depressing songs to help me cope with the impending failure and fiasco of what is soon to occur (gcses af)

do you know i remember when on the board it said '22 weeks left' till exams......... now its like 2 weeks

wat did i even
Original post by zanner
i am listening to depressing songs to help me cope with the impending failure and fiasco of what is soon to occur (gcses af)

do you know i remember when on the board it said '22 weeks left' till exams......... now its like 2 weeks

wat did i even

go revise den

like me :smile:
I'm terrified! I feel like I'm never going to be confident and that I never have enough time to do anything:frown:
I've already had my first exam but that was 10 hours so it didn't feel like a real exam:biggrin:
Original post by pinkrox22310
ANXIETYYYYY.

when I saw the date I got slightly scared. My first exam is on the 16th then a biology exam on the 17th!! :frown:
I don't have much time inbetween my exams to revise any tips on what to do :smile:

2 weeks left for you then! If you have revised biology then I suggest doing past papers now and seeing where your weaknesses are. If you haven't then start going over everything in B1 but start off with the stuff you aren't that confident with. Don't do past papers yet because I feel like that would be a waste of past papers if you don't know anything already. I revised B1 in 3 days so I am sure you can do it in like 1 week maximum :smile: don't stress! Lots of videos online as well :smile:
Just saying lots of people in school (including some teachers) disagree with the way I revise but it works for me (on target for A*) so figure out as soon as possible what works for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Username3097486
13 day break? i forgot it was more than one week. das pretty good!

Hahaha yes it is pretty good! I am confident with all the exams before half term except for english literature. After half term I am confident with everything but computer science so I better get revising!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by surina16
:cry:

I have had 1 exam, so 24 more to go.
I can't believe how quickly this year is going! :frown:

Yh the last year year 11s weren't lying when they said it's gonna go by so quickly! The only thing motivating me is my dream job and the 10 week summer holiday after!

Seriously, revise your ass off for the next 6-8 weeks (depends on when your exams finish) and then it will all be over! You don't want to regret not doing enough revision after GCSEs!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sfaraj
do you have art? ikr swear yesterday i just left the womb, wth am i doing with my life :/

No but my friends do. They have two 5 hour exam days next week on thursday and friday I think! I honestly don't know how they'll be able to cope haha. Looool time is really going by quickly! It's pretty sad but lets make the most of it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cosminlive
iGCSE Eng Lang exam on the 3rd May. Should be fine tho. Hate how the others are so close to each other, RS, French, B1, C1 in one week smh.

Yup same here. Aiming for full marks haha!
Yup I have French, B1 and C1 as well but I'd rather get the exams over and done with! I seriously need a break!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest