The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Actually there was an article in the times about it which said that even tho it may seem like we've got alot.. theres much room for more.

Try and dig it up.. its quite interesting
Reply 2
Wings
Actually there was an article in the times about it which said that even tho it may seem like we've got alot.. theres much room for more.

think going to google and typing in "times lawyers" will suffice? lol
Reply 3
in an era of globalism; one should not limit their legal career to the UK. the international arena is very lucrative...
Wings

Was it by Gary Slapper by chance?
Reply 5
Once I'd got over my temporary blindness courtesy of the big, blue and unmissable "Founder of the UKL Law Society" text, I managed to find the reply button.

There might (or might not) be too many lawyers in the UK; yes there is the international arena, but a Law degree is not limited to being a lawyer. I'm a web designer of my own company, and recently I've had a few near scrapes in relation to contracts and clients. Thankfully, with a bit of background knowledge from contract law (and a couple of helpful contract lecturers), I've prevented losing quite a bit of money, due to unruly clients. It's made me very aware of the legal implications of my business; from making sites accessible by the disabled to dealing with exclusion clauses in contracts should certain events occur.

Therefore, I'd say whilst it might be an over-crowded area of employment, perhaps not enough study the degree -- it's benefits are clear.

Tim.
n7studios
Once I'd got over my temporary blindness courtesy of the big, blue and unmissable "Founder of the UKL Law Society" text, I managed to find the reply button.

:rolleyes:
Reply 7
I agree with the previous point made - people should look at the wider market. There is EU, International Law....
You should not limit yourselves just to the English Legal System. :smile: