The Student Room Group

Mature student who doesn't like going out...

Hello!
I will hopefully be starting Uni in the summer of 2017, I will be 22 at the time and classed as a 'mature student'. I'm not a huge drinker and I don't feel comfortable in clubs or bars(I like pubs though), I'm definitely more a relax at home with friends, films and silly games sort of girl! 😛 I was hoping to go straight into private accommodation to avoid the party atmosphere that can often exist in Uni accommodation! I was just wondering if anyone else one here is like me and if you have any knowledge or experience with enjoying Uni without really going out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I would avoid private accommodation in the first year. Depending on the Uni you want to go to they might be a choice of Halls or a questionnaire to put you into accommodation with people you will get along with. There is a massive range of students that go Uni and a good proportion will not enjoy going out, but halls in first year is a great way to meet people ( with similar interests), is usually much closer to the actual uni and avoids the stress of finding private accommodation and unless you plan to live alone could potentially be a flatmate lottery without the benefit of university support and probably wont be first years either. Unless you are going to you local uni then you probably wont know much about the area either.
Original post by Kevlar123
I would avoid private accommodation in the first year. Depending on the Uni you want to go to they might be a choice of Halls or a questionnaire to put you into accommodation with people you will get along with. There is a massive range of students that go Uni and a good proportion will not enjoy going out, but halls in first year is a great way to meet people ( with similar interests), is usually much closer to the actual uni and avoids the stress of finding private accommodation and unless you plan to live alone could potentially be a flatmate lottery without the benefit of university support and probably wont be first years either. Unless you are going to you local uni then you probably wont know much about the area either.

I completely agree.
Reply 3
I went through uni without understand why people think that you need to party and get drunk to enjoy life, actually you can do other things, like join to a club or camping or practice some sport or just stay at home doing the things that you enjoy...

Don't let anyone convince you to do things that you don't want, just be yourself and you will meet people who enjoy the same things
Hi all

I know how you feel but if you think you're a mature student then I guess
I'm going to a dino

You see I'm 34 and pretty much like the more relaxed side of life now and seeing
all the party people hungover the next day, you can chuckle to yourself
thinking thank god I don't look them.:eek:

This the comment I've made on one of these sites :smile: now i have gone and made myself feel old lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending