The Student Room Group

Why the hell do girls flirt if they aint single?!?

God Dammit!

Scroll to see replies

Lol @ username.
Reply 2
Original post by WoodyMKC
Lol @ username.

This username is best in TSR son.
For the ego boost i'm guessing.
Why do men mistake me being friendly for flirting?! Why do men mistake me saying 'no' as being flirty and playing hard to get?!

She may like the attention or you might be misreading the signs.
Girls in relationships who flirt are bad news
Original post by RachaelBee
Why do men mistake me being friendly for flirting?! Why do men mistake me saying 'no' as being flirty and playing hard to get?!

I agree, but some girls can lead people on. It is something to be "friendly" and outright "flirting."

She may have no intention with you whatsoever, but she would continue to be receptive to your advances. When she finds someone better or just bored, she shuts it down, which is very bad for the boys involved.

It is funny when a girl gets caught flirting, she quickly changes to the "I was just being friendly BS."
Reply 7
Either for the attention or maybe you misread the signals.
Because they want to feel pretty, desired,special, and wanted.
Original post by CHEETS
Either for the attention or maybe you misread the signals.
oh yeah, thank you ,I forgot about the attention.they want the attention too.
For plenty of reasons which are usually lacking in moral justification. To gain self-worth, for the attention etc. It's not just girls though. As has been said, it's also possible that you just mis-interpreted the signs.
Attention whoring
To be fair, its not just girls, some guys do it too...
Curley's Wife.
To get laid back to back

I was going to say this.

Guys always mistake mere friendliness and being nice for flirting.
As a guy the whole friendliness thing can get a tad confusing.....

I remember one night a female friend was flirting like crazy, until making out with me and trying to get me back to hers. A few nights later she acted almost identically (well identically in my mind), and when I leaned in for round two and got rejected my response was "oh I thought you were flirting" and thus I got the whole friendly does not equal flirting response.....

:dontknow: I just think most guys at some point will mistake friendliness for flirting, as will girls use flirty behaviour while being friendly. Hell you can even swap the genders in some situations!

cant agree more, some guys assume being nice to them is flirting and then get annoyed when you say you're not flirting or not interested lolololol
Original post by DanB1991
As a guy the whole friendliness thing can get a tad confusing.....

I remember one night a female friend was flirting like crazy, until making out with me and trying to get me back to hers. A few nights later she acted almost identically (well identically in my mind), and when I leaned in for round two and got rejected my response was "oh I thought you were flirting" and thus I got the whole friendly does not equal flirting response.....

:dontknow: I just think most guys at some point will mistake friendliness for flirting, as will girls use flirty behaviour while being friendly. Hell you can even swap the genders in some situations!

I think there should rules of engagement between men and women. There should also be boundaries. So that when a girl is flirting, the lad knows that she is flirting and proceeds; if not, he just backs down.

It is definitely very easy for a girl to switch from being friendly to flirting. At the end, it will be her word versus his word. In most cases, her word stands.
both males and females flirt in an instinctive and natural way. It has no meaning apart from friendship.

Quick Reply

Latest