Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I ask this girl for a 2nd date?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

I was out with a girl I met on PoF the other night. It seemed to go pretty well, we we out having a drink for a few hours. She seemed really into me (despite me probably coming across as a bit inexperienced). We were kissing a lot throughout the night and by the end of it we were on the dancefloor, she was grinding against me a lot and at times it was like she couldn't keep her hands off me (I think she could tell I work out).

It was getting to the point where she had to head off for the last train so I said about staying at mine. She said she'd rather not but said on a few occasions that she wanted to meet up again. I hope I didn't give her the impression that I was hell bent on just getting into her knickers, when really it was mostly because I didn't want the night to end as we both seemed to be having a great time.

I don't know if she was saying about meeting up again just so she didn't hurt my feelings. I texted her when I got home to say it was lovely to meet her, wanted to see her again etc but most of her texts the next day have just been fairly standard smalltalk and she hasn't replied to my most recent text, not that there was a lot in it (more smalltalk).

She might have had a busy day, but I dont know if she's just not interested and is too polite to say.

Should I just ask her out for a second date even though she's not replied to my last text? I don't want to look needy and insecure, but at the same time it would be good to just get a straight answer

Ask her and see what she says.

I agree! let her breathe for a moment though - wait for an answer and don't ask her out still. Program a whole thing (idk, cinema and then restaurant or concert or anything but something clean, proper, that is just waiting for an answer from her) and then say "well if you're interested I have this for you…"
    Then you'll see!

She probably wouldn't have said that she wanted to meet up again just to protect your feelings. Send an interesting text rather than the small talk stuff and ask her if she wants to see you again, theres nothing to loose.

(Original post by dean01234)
    She probably wouldn't have said that she wanted to meet up again just to protect your feelings.
    This is true.

I've dated someone who was really clingy over another date and in the end I had to decline because he was just so desparate, which is really off putting.

Seems like your first date went really well. You can understand her being a little uncomfortable staying at yours seeing as its the first time you've met. I doubt she thinks you just wanna get her into bed. Just ask her and have a firm plan, like other posters have suggested. Good luck
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.