The Student Room Group

When should I start writing my notes

I am currently in year 9
I have chosen triple science for my GCSEs in year 10
When should I start writing triple science notes and if I finish writing notes before year 10 what should I do in year 11

Thanks
Write them as you go along, this makes it easier. Keep refining them so you ahve a set of revision notes. This will make it easier to revise and can get you onto doing exam papers even sooner. Good luck if you cna be that organised.
Reply 2
Revise/study as soon as possible. It will really help in the long run, as you will cover the same topic over and over again until it's in long memory. Also, choosing Triple Science was a good choice. :biggrin: Once you're confident enough (or finished writing notes), I would definitely do a lot of past papers. Especially for Triple Science, as there's a lot of content.

Edit: I would also recommend using myGCSEscience once you get to Year 11, as the membership only lasts a school year (they expire after the exams of that year). http://www.my-gcsescience.com/membership-levels/ It'll cost you £50, but it would definitely get you that A* (if that's what you're looking for).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
I don't have past papers though I am doing the new gcses
Reply 4
That doesn't mean doing past papers for other specifications will not help you, of course they will! Just make sure you find out what is going to be "new" on the papers, and I'm sure you can find some exam-style questions based on those specific topics. Also, because there is going to be a new specification, your exam board might publish some fake exam papers for revision, which will have all the new topics in and the old ones.
Original post by Shaban123
I am currently in year 9
I have chosen triple science for my GCSEs in year 10
When should I start writing triple science notes and if I finish writing notes before year 10 what should I do in year 11

Thanks

I'm in year 10 and I have chosen triple science. There's no need to write up your notes especially when you haven't learnt the topics. In my school we get regular tests. So that's when I write up my notes. So in year 10,

Quick Reply

Latest