Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Gcse Speaking help (with audio)

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

So i have my french speaking coming up on the 4th of may. I am quite nervous as my french is my weaker subject. So as can someone listen to my speaking which i recorded on soundcloud and see of its all right. Also finally i am meant to answer questions for a few minutes afterwards , so could you guys ask question based on my response.

Im describing a photo which basically had me and my family there on christmas morning.

my french transcript is here:

Dans cette photo il y a Ma famille célébrant Noël. Ma famille se compose de moi , mon frère, ma soeur , mes deux oncles et mes deux tantes, ma grand-mère et à mon père, mais il a été de prendre la photo. Allors ,ce matin de Noël nous réveiller et nous a ouvert les présente. J'ai obtenu un nouvel ordinateur de mon père. Ensuite, nous avons eu notre déjeuner de Noël tout le monde avait des oeufs, mais à mon avis les oeufs sont bruts. Donc j'ai eu quelques céréales au lieu. C'est beaucoup mieux que les oeufs. Nous détendue pendant quelques heures après que, alors moi et mon frère a joué dans la neige parce qu'il avait neigé. Il était toujours froid dehors, donc nous avons dû porter une veste d'hiver et des gants.Nous sommes allés en Amérique l'année dernière parce que ma famille entrera en Angleterre l'année prochaine. Nous allons visiter Londres car ma grand-mère veulent voir les monuments.

Hey, your pronunciation sounds really good for the most part, I would just advise that you try and pronounce 'English' words such as cereals with more of a French accent (I know it might feel really weird but you'll get better marks for intonation
    I also noticed that as you were speaking you took a lot of pauses in between each word so it sounded a little less fluent, but I think this might be because you're nervous/not used to speaking French?
    Keep practising, good luck with the exam!
    Préférez-vous aller a l'etranger ou rester en angleterre et pourquoi?
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.