The Student Room Group

Full name exam

What will happen if I forgot to use my full name as a header/footer in my ICT IGCSE practical printouts? I used instead my first name, center number and candidate number. Will I get ungraded or a deduction?

Scroll to see replies

Are you talking about extra paper?
Should be fine as they can use candidate numbers to identify uou
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PleaseHelpAsap
What will happen if I forgot to use my full name as a header/footer in my ICT IGCSE practical printouts? I used instead my first name, center number and candidate number. Will I get ungraded or a deduction?

Probably not as it has your candidate number on it too. However, just try and put your full name on things. Aren't you allowed to take a little card into the room with your name and candidate number?
Original post by Questioner1234
Are you talking about extra paper?
Should be fine as they can use candidate numbers to identify uou
Posted from TSR Mobile

Like in every practical, we are asked to print something. Then, there should be our Candidate number/ candidate name and center number. So, I guess it counts as extra paper.
Reply 4

Yes I'm interested in this too as I'm in a similar situation, for coursework I write just first name but for exam I'd write full name so not sure about this
Original post by Des_Lumières
Probably not as it has your candidate number on it too. However, just try and put your full name on things. Aren't you allowed to take a little card into the room with your name and candidate number?

Oddly enough, my school doesn't allow it. Committed this super silly mistake and I'm just worried my printouts will be ungraded or a deduction because I only wrote my first name and not my full name {candidate name}
Original post by _Xenon_
Yes I'm interested in this too as I'm in a similar situation, for coursework I write just first name but for exam I'd write full name so not sure about this

Here is to hoping someone can help us. Just really worried about this because. . .it'd be totally disappointing if I'd get ungraded or deductions just because of such small matter.
Reply 7
Here is to hoping someone can help us. Just really worried about this because. . .it'd be totally disappointing if I'd get ungraded or deductions just because of such small matter.

I wasn't worried about this before but now I am. :s-smilie:
Original post by _Xenon_
I wasn't worried about this before but now I am. :s-smilie:

My teacher said she doesn't know if it will be marked. 50/50 chance. . .but then again I need other opinions.

Did you take the May/June batch or Feb/March?
Reply 9
My teacher said she doesn't know if it will be marked. 50/50 chance. . .but then again I need other opinions.

Did you take the May/June batch or Feb/March?

May/June
What they all said candidtae number will identify you. You need to practice being aboe to remember and write your full name.
Original post by 999tigger
What they all said candidtae number will identify you. You need to practice being aboe to remember and write your full name.

Will I get deductions though?
Original post by _Xenon_
May/June

Wish you good luck! Zone 2 here.
Will I get deductions though?

Well its often said you get marks in an exam just for writing your own name.....

I highly doubt you will lose anything, the only risk is if they cnat identify you, but you have given them the candidate number. Dont worry.
Well its often said you get marks in an exam just for writing your own name.....

I highly doubt you will lose anything, the only risk is if they cnat identify you, but you have given them the candidate number. Dont worry.

Can you make that number up? I always write random numbers???
Omg I did the exam too. I screwed up soooo much. I put 'construction layer' instead of 'content layer' and '24' bits per color depth instead of '8' AND I left the trainee notes in a flippin word document. FML

Also, about the full name issue, in the mark schemes they simple put "name" or "A Candidate" so I think it would be pretty harsh if they marked you down, as after all they're just testing you on using the header/footer, not whether you can recall your own name.

Other than that, how did you guys find the exams? :biggrin:
Original post by _Xenon_
Can you make that number up? I always write random numbers???

well if you do (i dont believe you), then you just increase the chances of them being unable to match your paper ro you and not getting marked at all. Way to go.
Original post by asd.987
Omg I did the exam too. I screwed up soooo much. I put 'construction layer' instead of 'content layer' and '24' bits per color depth instead of '8' AND I left the trainee notes in a flippin word document. FML

Also, about the full name issue, in the mark schemes they simple put "name" or "A Candidate" so I think it would be pretty harsh if they marked you down, as after all they're just testing you on using the header/footer, not whether you can recall your own name.

Other than that, how did you guys find the exams? :biggrin:

I put representation instead of presentation. LOL. And 24 bits instead of 8 as well! Damn. That's really not too good. And regarding the full name, I hope so. As, I was registered in my full name and put my full name in the booklets but used my first name only in printouts. Stupid mistakes.
well if you do (i dont believe you), then you just increase the chances of them being unable to match your paper ro you and not getting marked at all. Way to go.

Well for mock exams not had real one yet, we were not told them so I just write anything.

Alright, thanks! This is calming me a lot. Just making sure; so, though I registered with full name, and I used my first name in printouts, it's most probably okay right?

Quick Reply