Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Year 12s- have you decided what you want to do at uni ?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

    (Original post by h8skoooooool)
    I know universities don't say it's a requirement but you will have an advantage by doing it, so I'd really recommend doing the AS (plus it's not a massive step up from AS regular maths). Good luck for the exams this year
    (Original post by samb1234)
    It may not technically be a requirement, but in reality almost everyone else applying will have it (for the likes of oxbridge imperial etc) so if i were you i'd make sure you do some harder maths over the summer
    Yeah I'll do the AS next year if possible, thanks for the help

    I'm torn between Early Childhood Studies and Primary Education with QTS

    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    I'm torn between Early Childhood Studies and Primary Education with QTS
    Childhood Studies.

    If you do a teaching degree and then, for whatever reason, don't go into teaching its pretty much a meaningless degree. With Childhood Studies you'd have a much wider range of potential career areas, and if you still wanted to do teaching you could do a PGCE after your degree.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.