The Student Room Group

Might have made a mistake - too late now?

I have been having second thought s for a while now about my chosen place of study. I have applied to Southampton as my firm choice, but part of me can't help thinking i should stay where i am and go to my local uni - UEA. I never even looked into this opportunity originally because i wanted to move away and experience a new city. However, I have a little flat here and live with my boyfriend who is now looking for a job away from here. The reason i'm considering changing is because i have a pet cat and he could stay in the flat with me and my boyfriend could visit us on his days off 0 sunday and monday.

I don't know if i am being silly, and i know many people will say choosing a lace for a partner is ridiculous, but it would mean i could see him more often and have somewhere to live in the holidays, because if i do go to Southampton i wont have a home and will have to split my time between my mums and my dads - although i hated living with my mum and step-dad hence why i moved out in the first place.

Last night my boyfriend and i chatted and for the first time ever really he made it very clear he didn't want me to go as it could ruin our relationship and even said he wouldn't go for this new job because that will makeit even harder. Now i have thought me staying here could be the answer to our problems.

However, i guess it is too late to change my uni application at this stage and would probably have to have a gap year - which i don't really want to do as i have already had one when i finished my GCSE's. Part of me just wonders if this is just natural nerves creeping in or should i listen to them??
Reply 1
It's not too late look through Extra on UCAS and see if there is a course available that you would like then contact UEA and see if it is still available, then you can withdraw from southampton and send UEA your application.
You're right, some people would think that it is a bit of an odd excuse to have that should influence your decision for your future (seen lots of those threads at H&R)
But I think you need to write a list of pros and cons and see which one is worthy your while really, include finances, housing, boyfriend, etc.
That way you can sort out any nerves that may be creeping up now.
Reply 3
Go to Southampton. Imo university > relationships ...
Reply 4
korektphool
Go to Southampton. Imo university > relationships ...

Says the one who has the probability of getting into unis in their sig:rolleyes:
Reply 5
kirstinx
Says the one who has the probability of getting into unis in their sig:rolleyes:

hehe :redface:
Reply 6
Yeah i think i will go to Soton as i did really love the uni when i looked round and plus if i stay in this flat it would do my head in, too many memories! At least i will be busy at uni!! And have friends around me all the time to keep my mind off other things!!

The only problem now is my lovely, cute little cat... :frown:
Reply 7
Put up an ad for a free kitten on craigslist or somesuch. Someone kind will take him in and let you visit him :smile:

Also, by your boyfriend's attitude, he sounds like someone who you wouldn't want to get into a marriage with.

Latest

Trending

Trending