Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Was Jim Morrison the most beautiful man to ever live?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

A few comments and a premise:

PREMISE: Beauty is itself a relative concept. What is best is also a relative concept. You're asking us to tell you if one is the best (relative) looking (relative). It's a relative judgment within a relative judgment which you ask as if it were objective. Your comments doesn't stand any rational scrutiny. That said...

COMMENT 1: By most nearly timeless standards of male beauty, Jim Morrison was an extremely beautiful man. He looked like a Greek statue, which he accentuated. Indeed, he was obsessed with Alexander the Great's looks and showed celebrity hair stylist Jay Sebring a picture of a statue of Alexander and to cut his hair like that. Little sas trivia: Sebring was one of the murdered celebrities in the Sharon Tate massacre. Jim Morrison also looked like a Calvin Klein model, or an A&F model... these models of manly beauty are nearly timeless: square jaw, full lips, small nose, deep-set eyes, symmetrical features.

COMMENT 2: Honestly, I'm sort of a Jim Morrison lookalike which made me very happy when I was a teen enamoured with The Doors (as evidence by the above) and myself have often been defined handsome, beautiful, attractive, etc. I imagine that even if Jim hadn't been a celebrity, he'd have attracted the same comments as I have and even more as althought we look quite alike, I'd say he's objectively even more attractive than me.

Anonymous cause otherwise people will say I'm a brag. Meh.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.