The Student Room Group

My friends don't like me :(

My friends are very mean to me and all dislike me. They pick on me out of our group of 6 and throw things at me, call me horrible names and are just generally really rude to me in a way that you wouldn't do to your friend. I've also found them talking about me behind my back. It is just really obvious that they don't like me and the way they treat me makes me really upset! My only problem is, I don't have anybody else in the school who I am friends with to sit with at lunch etc. So I am staying with this group of bullies just so that I'm not on my own and called a loner with no friends. I know I shouldn't be staying with these people but I don't know what to do. Any advise?
I'll be your mate and dont worry I wont throw things at you however itll cost you.
You should probably try to get away from them, is there a possibility that you could go home at lunch time and have your lunch there? They are definitely not friends and if they cared about you they wouldn't be doing this. You could try talking to them about it - they might change. If it carries on you should talk to someone you trust e,g. A teacher or parent. Hope this helps.
I think you're using the word 'friend' wrong.
They don't sound like friends at all and you can definitely find people who respect and enjoy your company.
By allowing yourself to 'just stay' in a situation like that you're pretty much admitting that you don't think you're worth any better and you are!

First step is to let a teacher (that you feel comfortable talking to) know what's happening, so that people can be aware of the behaviour and hopefully comment on it if they hear/see it.

Second - find new friends. You won't stay friends with the same people for your entire life. Think about your friends at primary school and how you probably don't see them anymore.
Who is somebody that you would like to be friends with? Approach them and ask if you can have lunch with them, put yourself out there, become a social butterfly.
It'll be awkward/uncomfortable at first but it'll get better.
I have been through this, they are fake friends.

Get out of this toxic environment ASAP, its better to do that than suffering in silence.

Also, confront them, looking back i would have done so and tell a trusted person.

Being lonely is not the be all and end all-focus on your work.
cut em loose man
Firstly, i wouldn't class them as 'friends' as a friend is ' a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection' which is definetely not what your so called 'friends' are showing.

Also personally, i wouldn't mind being seen by myself if it means that i wouldn't have to put up with horrible, immature girls. Sometimes own company = best company.
Original post by Anonymous
My friends are very mean to me and all dislike me. They pick on me out of our group of 6 and throw things at me, call me horrible names and are just generally really rude to me in a way that you wouldn't do to your friend. I've also found them talking about me behind my back. It is just really obvious that they don't like me and the way they treat me makes me really upset! My only problem is, I don't have anybody else in the school who I am friends with to sit with at lunch etc. So I am staying with this group of bullies just so that I'm not on my own and called a loner with no friends. I know I shouldn't be staying with these people but I don't know what to do. Any advise?

Although I'm not going through what you're going through (I did in primary school but not relevant) I'm also having problems with my group- they meet up without me, talk about their meet ups in front of me and ignore me too. Whenever I suggest meeting up they're always 'busy' which is horrible.

For me, my main coping mechanism is focusing on myself. I'm in year 12, so this whole year I've been working and researching into uni so I can get those grades and get tf out of here away from those idiots. My parents are considering moving away from London when I move out, so if they go then theres no reason whatsoever to return to where I'm from so I won't be feeling like I need to visit anyone.

Always focus on the fact that this is temporary. You've got a matter of years left at where you are! With these b!tches they'd hate to see you succeed- so nail your exams.

Sounds witty, but a few months ago I'd bring in these German protein bars and eat half of one claiming they helped me lose weight. Immediately those idiots started ordering them online and eating them as meal substitutes and gained weight rapidly and blaming exam stress on the weight gain- Mean Girls really is your Bible in this case

Hang in there and stay strong. You're so so so much better than these people, please dont forget that!
You're better off on your own.

What they are doing is bad enough but sticking with them because otherwise you'll be alone is far worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending