The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level French 2016

Hi, I am sitting both AS and A2 AQA French exams in June! For A2 I am doing a director (Les Choristes) as the essay question and I was wondering if anyone had any predictions for the essay questions on both A2 and AS exams?

Also if you have any revision methods and exam tips for French I would be very grateful!😊

Scroll to see replies

Here's something that has really helped me revise for the oral exam (This is for A2 French)!
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/as-and-a-level/french-2650/subject-content/a2-topics
This is everything they can base the cards/questions around. So the cards are based around the subject topics like "To which culture should immigrants show loyalty?", there'd be one opinion saying "the culture of the welcoming country" and then the other opinion would say "They should be loyal to their own culture".

Hope this helps, it helps me :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by JWrighty98
Here's something that has really helped me revise for the oral exam (This is for A2 French)!
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/as-and-a-level/french-2650/subject-content/a2-topics
This is everything they can base the cards/questions around. So the cards are based around the subject topics like "To which culture should immigrants show loyalty?", there'd be one opinion saying "the culture of the welcoming country" and then the other opinion would say "They should be loyal to their own culture".

Hope this helps, it helps me :smile:

This was so helpful thank you so much!😊 Are you sitting A2 French in June? If so have you any predictions for what the essay could be and how do you revise? I'm so scared for the exam😩
Original post by Vanessa_mcd
Hi, I am sitting both AS and A2 AQA French exams in June! For A2 I am doing a director (Les Choristes) as the essay question and I was wondering if anyone had any predictions for the essay questions on both A2 and AS exams?

Also if you have any revision methods and exam tips for French I would be very grateful!😊

Hey i'm doing the same! 2 weeks today is the AS Exam!!!!!! Help!!! I'm doing Stromae and Moliere for the Cultural topics and I have no idea how to write an essay on them as i'm a private candidate and don't have a teacher! So scared for these exams too, but hopefully they're not too hard as they're the last exams of this spec!
Hope revisions going well for you!
Reply 4
Original post by atiyaaloveszaynx
Hey i'm doing the same! 2 weeks today is the AS Exam!!!!!! Help!!! I'm doing Stromae and Moliere for the Cultural topics and I have no idea how to write an essay on them as i'm a private candidate and don't have a teacher! So scared for these exams too, but hopefully they're not too hard as they're the last exams of this spec!
Hope revisions going well for you!

I can't believe the AS exam is in 2 weeks!😱 Do you have any essay predictions? I think maybe music but I'm really not sure!

A2 essays are so difficult but I find that if you plan before you start then it helps you with your ideas😊 Hope your revision is going well too!
I can't believe the AS exam is in 2 weeks!😱 Do you have any essay predictions? I think maybe music but I'm really not sure!

A2 essays are so difficult but I find that if you plan before you start then it helps you with your ideas😊 Hope your revision is going well too!

I know right! Cant believe it! I was thinking music, family, and maybe smoking/drugs!
Oh i havent even started haha i dont know how to write the a2 essay especially for a play! 😥

Well I procrastinate too much haha but hopefully ill get back on track! Dreadinf these exams
Reply 6
I know right! Cant believe it! I was thinking music, family, and maybe smoking/drugs!
Oh i havent even started haha i dont know how to write the a2 essay especially for a play! 😥

Well I procrastinate too much haha but hopefully ill get back on track! Dreadinf these exams

Those essays would be amazing if they came up! Awh don't worry I procrastinate sooo bad!!😂 I have so many exams close to my French I haven't had time to start revising properly😢

Is a play for A2 still essay question 14? I really love French but these exams scare me so much😭
Those essays would be amazing if they came up! Awh don't worry I procrastinate sooo bad!!😂 I have so many exams close to my French I haven't had time to start revising properly😢

Is a play for A2 still essay question 14? I really love French but these exams scare me so much😭

I know i'd be so happy if smoking came up!! :biggrin: Aw i'm absolutely terrible, I haven't done any work since Saturday and that was only half an essay!!Oh no, I always leave revision last minute and I need these exams to get into Uni! I'm my ow worst enemy.

I think it is. pr 13. I've chosen dramatist and musician for my cultural topics so I hope the questions are nice!
I know me too! Like I was terrified when I went into my speaking exam because I had no practise being a private student, and I came out feeling like I let myself down, I knew I could've done better but exams don't always let you show what you're capable of doing! So annoying!!
Reply 8
I know i'd be so happy if smoking came up!! :biggrin: Aw i'm absolutely terrible, I haven't done any work since Saturday and that was only half an essay!!Oh no, I always leave revision last minute and I need these exams to get into Uni! I'm my ow worst enemy.

I think it is. pr 13. I've chosen dramatist and musician for my cultural topics so I hope the questions are nice!
I know me too! Like I was terrified when I went into my speaking exam because I had no practise being a private student, and I came out feeling like I let myself down, I knew I could've done better but exams don't always let you show what you're capable of doing! So annoying!!

I'm exactly the same!😂 I always leave it to the last minute but I promised myself this year I would revise earlier! For essay Q14 I think it will be something about themes if that helps?😊

Awh I was so disappointed in myself after my speaking exam! It makes it worse when you know you could have done so so much better😥 My teacher was so helpful though and told me to forget about it and focus on the exams, we can only do our best!😊
If anyone is doing questions 12 of the essay, i have exemplar essay if you need them
I'm exactly the same!😂 I always leave it to the last minute but I promised myself this year I would revise earlier! For essay Q14 I think it will be something about themes if that helps?😊

Awh I was so disappointed in myself after my speaking exam! It makes it worse when you know you could have done so so much better😥 My teacher was so helpful though and told me to forget about it and focus on the exams, we can only do our best!😊

Haha I never learn!! Ooh yeah that's great thanks!! I'll be doing either Q13 or 14.

Yeah I know the feeling, my exam officer just told me not to overanalyse it but that's easier said than done!!
Exactly, I hope so!! Praying that they don't make it too hard :smile:
Original post by Pablo Picasso
If anyone is doing questions 12 of the essay, i have exemplar essay if you need them

is that the book one?
Original post by EmilyImpossible
is that the book one?

Yes
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Yes

which book have you studied?
Original post by EmilyImpossible
which book have you studied?

Sac de Billes, but the format applies to all books, wbu?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
What question could come up for an essay on music??
Music could be a question on, what makes a good song, why do people enjoy music, the benefits of music.
Am I the only one who's only studied one cultural topic in depth?

We did Francois Ozon (a director) with our teacher all year, then we had to self study another topic just for the speaking exam
if anyone needs any notes for q10 ive got 23 pages that have been checked by french natives and my teachers

also anyone know if there are any good sites to find past papers or does aqa have them all ?
Original post by Patrick2810
if anyone needs any notes for q10 ive got 23 pages that have been checked by french natives and my teachers

also anyone know if there are any good sites to find past papers or does aqa have them all ?

Check AQA

Quick Reply