The Student Room Group

Would a university still let me in if I get one grade below my offer?

In this case, I want to go to Edinburgh to study History and my offer is AAB. However, I'm worried I'll just end up repeating last year's AS results, which were ABB. I'm still confident of getting an A in history. However, the last thing I want to happen is to just miss out on a uni place because of one grade or a harsh marker, which really screwed me over last year until I requested a remark.

So one grade below the offer? Would that matter?
Original post by BarBar124
In this case, I want to go to Edinburgh to study History and my offer is AAB. However, I'm worried I'll just end up repeating last year's AS results, which were ABB. I'm still confident of getting an A in history. However, the last thing I want to happen is to just miss out on a uni place because of one grade or a harsh marker, which really screwed me over last year until I requested a remark.

So one grade below the offer? Would that matter?

a) depends on the amount of applicants
b) depends on the grades that other applicants get
c) depends on your personal statement

There really is no way of telling... probably best to stop worrying about it and depend on them letting you in if you're a grade short and focus that time on revision. :frown: Sorry... we're all in the same boat I'm afraid!
Reply 2
Original post by emiloujess
a) depends on the amount of applicants
b) depends on the grades that other applicants get
c) depends on your personal statement

There really is no way of telling... probably best to stop worrying about it and depend on them letting you in if you're a grade short and focus that time on revision. :frown: Sorry... we're all in the same boat I'm afraid!

Damn. I've had similar answers from other people and the uncertainty doesn't really help. I know my sister had an offer of AAB from Kings for Geography, got BBB and was rejected, so I know that that's probably too low, but still, one grade? :frown:
Original post by BarBar124
Damn. I've had similar answers from other people and the uncertainty doesn't really help. I know my sister had an offer of AAB from Kings for Geography, got BBB and was rejected, so I know that that's probably too low, but still, one grade? :frown:

no one including the universities can tell until all the results are out and they know how many people have reached the required standard. Most universities usually accept people with 1 dropped grade but Edinburgh is amongst a group who are known to be very picky
Reply 4
Original post by swansea jack 1
Most universities usually accept people with 1 dropped grade but Edinburgh is amongst a group who are known to be very picky

Well, crap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending