The Student Room Group

Chaging firm and insurance around?

Hi, I was wondering what options are open to someone who has already firmed and insured their university choices over a month ago. I have fimed Durham for Education/English, and I love the university; with English/Art History insured at York. The course I want to do is English/Art History, and I firmed Durham on the basis that I would ask to change courses upon getting results. However, I emailed the deparment and they said this is unlikely - plus, I would need to get A*AA which is a bit of a stretch. Furthermore, I would be applying for the Liberal Arts course (combined arts) as the University doesn't have an as well developed Art History department as York does. I love Durham because of it's college system, but if I can't change courses I don't want to be stuck applying for accomodation at York etc. late. Both courses require AAB. I don't like York University so much but somewhere, something has to be sacrificed, so I wanted to try and change my choices around so I firm York instead. Thoughts? Thanks.
Original post by amybonnie98
Hi, I was wondering what options are open to someone who has already firmed and insured their university choices over a month ago. I have fimed Durham for Education/English, and I love the university; with English/Art History insured at York. The course I want to do is English/Art History, and I firmed Durham on the basis that I would ask to change courses upon getting results. However, I emailed the deparment and they said this is unlikely - plus, I would need to get A*AA which is a bit of a stretch. Furthermore, I would be applying for the Liberal Arts course (combined arts) as the University doesn't have an as well developed Art History department as York does. I love Durham because of it's college system, but if I can't change courses I don't want to be stuck applying for accomodation at York etc. late. Both courses require AAB. I don't like York University so much but somewhere, something has to be sacrificed, so I wanted to try and change my choices around so I firm York instead. Thoughts? Thanks.

Changing them round after the 7 days, i believe would need the agreement of both universities to be able to do. If you ended up at durham doing the course which isnt quite what you want would you definitely be happy? Also there's nothing to say it wont happen this year but durham has a reputation of taking its time to make decisions when it comes to near misses/ people in clearing.

You know you could just have york as a firm and not bother with having an insurance and then try for art history through clearing instead.
To chance a F & I choice around you need to .....

1) Phone UCAS and tell them thats what you want to do.
2) Email both Unis and ask if this switch is possible (it usually is) - and that if it is, please can they contact UCAS to confirm that.
3) Once UCAS has agreement from you and both Unis they will do the switch.

PS> Just make very sure that really IS what you want to do first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending