The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OMG there was so much to write wasn't there? - my hands were in pain afterwards but i was well satisified cus i just finished in time before the inviglator sad sto teh moment i wrote my last word =)

So in the end, i wrote 12 pages, to teh very back cover (we got given 12 page answer booklets for this one instead of 8).

but teh quantity was crazy right? even though i still done it, i still thought it was crazy with teh amount tehre was - 3 marker, 6 marker, 6/8 marker, 10 marker (essay basically) approx 30/35mins .

compaered wit english for examle, one question 45 mins lol, one essay basically. lol

all my 6 markers were liek a page in length so...you can kinda guess how much there was in mine lol.

*sigh and that was only paper 1 - but im still well happy with my performance in it - i better get an high A or A* in it.

I did Q 2 , 3 , 7.

:smile:
sorry to repost this but my mate is in a right stress. thanks guys!

what were the last wo questions on question 1 again? my mate is really worried because he stupidly only did one question from each section!
Reply 22
Anyone know roughly out of 75 what is needed for an A* in paper 1?
Reply 23
Depends on your coursework... I got 45/50, 90% of 25% (I think it's out of?) so I only need 70% in the exams for an A*... apparently.
Reply 24
I got 41/50 so what do I need to get?
Reply 25
What did the '1940 class' mean on the source?!
exam wasnt tht bad...i did 2,3 & 8. my hand ws sooo achin at the end of the xam, hw many pages did u lot rite? i did 11! :eek: didnt realise i did tht much until i finished the xam n turned ova 2 find only the bak page left lol :p:
Reply 27
I did question 1, 2 and 7. I thought they were pretty simple but although i'm meant to get an A* i don't think i did enough source analysis so will probably have gotten a B or something so i'm happy. my only problem was my mum was an invigilator so i kept looking round the room for her being dead paranoid. heehee no wonder it took me till end of exam to finish!
ben_42
I got 41/50 so what do I need to get?

hmm...if 45/50 needs 70% for an A*. I'd reckon ud need about 73%
Reply 29
<liverpoolfc>
hmm...if 45/50 needs 70% for an A*. I'd reckon ud need about 73%

Yeah that sounds about right, it could be between about 70-75% depending on grade boundaries...

So you'd need to really be aiming at about 56/75 on the papers, that would probably guarantee an A*. But yeh, its kinda hard to guess grade boundaries cos it depends how everyone else has done.
I thought it went really well. Except (and it was really weird) my exam paper really smelt. i only noticed because i was bending down to write so furiously but it wasn't pleasant at all. i'm thinking to sniff all my future AQA papers to see weather it is AQA or just history that smell..i'll look really strange though..oh well:rolleyes:
walnut whip
I thought it went really well. Except (and it was really weird) my exam paper really smelt. i only noticed because i was bending down to write so furiously but it wasn't pleasant at all. i'm thinking to sniff all my future AQA papers to see weather it is AQA or just history that smell..i'll look really strange though..oh well:rolleyes:

haha lol...nope i dnt think it ws aqa or history, it ws YOUR paper :p: well at least my paper didnt smel nyway :smile:
Reply 32
the papers out of 75....
I did 2,3 and 8. Weird how they changed the format for "d" on question 4. Nice of us to get warned about that >=/

Still, overall, I feel it was a successful paper, I did a good analysis of everything wrote 13 pages overall. That extra sheet might impress the examiner that bit more :P
lfcr4me2
the papers out of 75....

coursework is out of 50 and yup exam is out of 75
Reply 35
mangadavi
I did question 1, 2 and 7. I thought they were pretty simple but although i'm meant to get an A* i don't think i did enough source analysis so will probably have gotten a B or something so i'm happy. my only problem was my mum was an invigilator so i kept looking round the room for her being dead paranoid. heehee no wonder it took me till end of exam to finish!

i did the same q's filled n 8 page booklt 2 sides of 1 extra sheet nd 1 side of another sheet :biggrin: wnted to write more thn i had time 2
Reply 36
kinza75
What did the '1940 class' mean on the source?!

Even though I didn't do question one i can remember studying the source in class a while ago and our teacher said that the child represented Germany (helpless/vulnerable/distressed) reacting to the injustice of the treaty of Versailles and by 1940 the child would be old enough to go to war and would have to fight....it was a prediction implying that the treaty was too harsh and it would end in Germany's retalliation (WW2 - the 'class of 1940')....if that makes more sense...:smile:
<liverpoolfc>
haha lol...nope i dnt think it ws aqa or history, it ws YOUR paper :p: well at least my paper didnt smel nyway :smile:

well...it was very distracting!!:mad:
Reply 38
sonicandfffan
I did 2,3 and 8. Weird how they changed the format for "d" on question 4. Nice of us to get warned about that >=/

Still, overall, I feel it was a successful paper, I did a good analysis of everything wrote 13 pages overall. That extra sheet might impress the examiner that bit more :P

quality not quantity!!
not saying yours isnt quality...
i did 7 pages which was pretty good considering my slow writing which is reali small.
nug01
Even though I didn't do question one i can remember studying the source in class a while ago and our teacher said that the child represented Germany (helpless/vulnerable/distressed) reacting to the injustice of the treaty of Versailles and by 1940 the child would be old enough to go to war and would have to fight....it was a prediction implying that the treaty was too harsh and it would end in Germany's retalliation (WW2 - the 'class of 1940')....if that makes more sense...:smile:

nice one, that was what i talked about! is there anyone that did question 1?

Latest