Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is my dad so invasive, possesive and so lazy?(possible power trip?)

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Let's start off with the first.

He always wants to know where everyone is and what everyone's doing at all times, if we go out and he finds this out he'll ask where we go and what we did etc and yet when the family ask him where he goes, he never tells us a shred of info, just that he goes out. He always makes it seems like it's wrong to question him whenever he goes out and ask him where he's going.

The type of possessive i'm talking about is controlling possessive. When he goes out and never tells us, mum always got sad and cried when he left but no more. Currently the situation is my dad wants my mum to stay at home and still tend to running the house i.e doing almost everything, paperwork, washing clothes and dishes, looking after my brother and I, taking us to school. While he also wants a divorce at the same time. You can't have the best of both worlds. So my mum is out working at a takeaway every night while my dad being the lazy mofo he is just sitting in front of his computer watching films and playing candy crush. Many times over has he been offered many chances to earn even some money even if it's a small amount but he just refused. No idea why but when you're in a situation like you'd be happy af to even have a chance to earn money.

So lazy ties pretty much everything together about him playing games refusing to work even when our financial state sucks so much and we're in (millions?) of debt(and estimate when i said,a year or 2 ago, will a million pounds solve everything and they said no). He's pretty much willing not to do anything.

All my dad cares about is outward appearances so he goes to places and builds up his appearances bsing and lying about everything saying that he does all this for his kids etc etc making him look good. The sad things is that when relatives are told the truth about him they don't believe it since he's built up such a fake image of who he is. My mum phoned up and told my auntie and she couldn't believe what she heard coming out of my mum's mouth(the truth) even though my mum had recorded an argument she'd had earlier with my dad(he just gave bs arguments and refused to listen to any sort of compromise and anything that didn't benefit him and his way of life).

He's a lost cause with no morals and no sense of logic.

Why do people act like this ?

no answer? :/

can a mod \thread? and delete this then?
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.