The Student Room Group

Do your revision!

I recommend doing 6 hours a night after school

And 12 hours a day on weekend

With this your practically guaranteed to get good exam grades!

My friend now in 6 form revised only 4 hours a night on weekdays and 7 hours a day on weekends and failed to get his C's in English and Maths so is now resitting them!

Don't make the same mistake! Stay indoors and revise extensively to guarantee good grades!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2016_GCSE

My friend now in 6 form revised only 4 hours a night on weekdays and 7 hours a day on weekends and failed to get his C's in English and Maths so is now resitting them!

Don't make the same mistake! Stay indoors and revise extensively to guarantee good grades!

Is this a troll thread? 6 hours a day after school is barely feasible, but 12 hours on the weekend is simply madness. You can get pretty good grades for GCSE with less effort than that. Doing that sort of work would maybe only be worth it once you are in the middle of exam season, but before then it seems a bit much.
Reply 2
Original post by OrionMusicNet
Is this a troll thread? 6 hours a day after school is barely feasible, but 12 hours on the weekend is simply madness. You can get pretty good grades for GCSE with less effort than that. Doing that sort of work would maybe only be worth it once you are in the middle of exam season, but before then it seems a bit much.

But it gives guaranteed good grades! Just work at it like a communist and there you have it best grades ever, This is what me and my friends are currently doing.
You'll burn yourself out before you even get to sit your exams.
Really nice of you to worry people so they think they're not doing enough revision. A few hours a day maybe a a bit more on weekends will most certainly suffice.
Quality over quantity is much more important when it comes to revising. You could spend 7 hours 'revising' and really only work for 3 hours.

I don't do more than 5-7 hours a day as I work better that way and I remember more stuff than getting tired.

No it doesn't.....just stop. Learn about how the brain works when you overuse it!:colonhash:
I'm predicted 9A* and 3As and I've never done that much revision it's far too much. Since January I've been doing 3 hours after school and probably about 3-4 hours on a weekend. :smile:
Reply 7
I'm predicted 9 A/A* grades overall.
I believe I am going to achieve these in every subject, however I think I am going to fail English Language.
My coursework is overall an A, but in the mocks I've only been getting B's maximum.
If anyone knows the best way to revise for english lit and lang, PLEASE message me . I am on AQA btw, thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Mr Bruff and Mr Salles on YouTube. Honestly, they're amazing. Since watching them I'm always a couple marks away from full marks in mocks and stuff. Can't recommend enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Come on man just take caffeine, caffeine overwrites these effects making you calm and able to learn for long periods of time.

I recommend Coffee or energy drinks.

Umm to ruin your health? Caffeine is a stimulant.....coke contains caffeine that means coffee and coke are no different.
Reply 10
Original post by *Alisha*
Umm to ruin your health? Caffeine is a stimulant.....coke contains caffeine that means coffee and coke are no different.

Caffeine only effects your health if you drink it in vast amounts 10+ small cans of energy drink a day.
Caffeine only effects your health if you drink it in vast amounts 10+ small cans of energy drink a day.

You are defo a troll:colonhash:
Reply 12
Thats TOO much revision... Maybe if u keep on taking breaks inbetween but if u are working for that long non stop u really wont learn as much as someone who has revised for a few hours and has taken breaks & u wouldnt be focused AT ALL
My sister would sit there 'revising' for the whole day and she would fail her exams and with my exams last year i would do the same thing and just make notes from my revision guide for hours when nothing was going into my head.
Your better off watching videos or making notes for a few hours, making sure to take a 20 minute break after an hour and doing some past papers
Reply 13
Original post by s.mo
Thats TOO much revision... Maybe if u keep on taking breaks inbetween but if u are working for that long non stop u really wont learn as much as someone who has revised for a few hours and has taken breaks & u wouldnt be focused AT ALL
My sister would sit there 'revising' for the whole day and she would fail her exams and with my exams last year i would do the same thing and just make notes from my revision guide for hours when nothing was going into my head.
Your better off watching videos or making notes for a few hours, making sure to take a 20 minute break after an hour and doing some past papers

How do MLG gamers become so good?

They play 12-18 hours a day!

The same rule can apply with revision, long revision will get your brain in gear and the more revision you do the more your brain will adapt to it so you can continue to do long revision sessions.
Original post by 1rs
I'm predicted 9 A/A* grades overall.
I believe I am going to achieve these in every subject, however I think I am going to fail English Language.
My coursework is overall an A, but in the mocks I've only been getting B's maximum.
If anyone knows the best way to revise for english lit and lang, PLEASE message me . I am on AQA btw, thanks.

Only on TSR,a B is a fail.

My tip for English language is use mr bruff and past papers.Practise!.Also use high level vocab i guess,in q5/6.In q6 use expert opinion(you can make it up,for example"Blancosdos from Cambridge university conducted a study that smoking kills teens faster than adults".Also use statistics(can be false)

Anyways,@ the op ,is this a troll thread?I do not revise for English and i still get A*s.Anyways,who on earth would do 6 hours per school day,and 12 per weekend?Its the efficient revision that counts.Some people can learn better in 1 hour than someone who sat there "revising" for 10 hours(when in reality,most likely they will fool themselves into thinking they revised a lot)
How do MLG gamers become so good?

They play 12-18 hours a day!

The same rule can apply with revision, long revision will get your brain in gear and the more revision you do the more your brain will adapt to it so you can continue to do long revision sessions.

Gaming is fun,but can the same be said for revision?:colonhash:
Original post by Lkathryn08
You'll burn yourself out before you even get to sit your exams.
Really nice of you to worry people so they think they're not doing enough revision. A few hours a day maybe a a bit more on weekends will most certainly suffice.

maybe, but for subjects I enjoy like maths, Ive probably been doing ~10 hours a day for the past 2 years and it doesnt feel like as much as a chore as thought it would.
Lol
Reply 18
Original post by Blancosdos
Gaming is fun,but can the same be said for revision?:colonhash:

Revision can be fun, Revise the way you learn best & remember knowledge is power and just think of the opportunities when you receive the top grades!
I think you need to reconsider what you are telling people.

You are doing GCSEs right? What grades are you working at and what do you hope to get?

Quick Reply

Latest