Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Shall I move for 6th form? Very confused

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Basically I'm in year 10 thinking about 6th forms because I have to apply in October or something and I'm really confused about what to do. My school is really good and I like the teachers and the girls in my year are super nice but I'm pretty done with the actual school you know. I've always been set on moving and going to this one school that's really popular for 6th form. I have a few reasons including that it's like a 10 minute walk from my house, I've heard really great things, it's state so saves lots money and it's mixed and I don't have many boy friends. I don't really want to go through to university spending my whole life so far in private girls schools ygm? So I was really set on it but I've met some rly nice girls but they tell me about how cliquey it is and most of the other girls I know from there are frankly *****hes. This really makes me doubt the reasons why I want to go. If I know most of the girls then would I really be meeting knew people? I really like some of my teachers would I get the same relationship with them at my new school? Should I really risk my a levels? Should I really move school for boys as that sounds ridiculous? Btw at this school they don't push you to work you have to try and do well and you will, I think I'm pretty self motivated though. HeLP me I'm so confused

I have always gone to state school, I moved from a terrible state school to a much better 6th form. I knew a few people from work, and I made friends with their friends and now I have amazing friends, I have enjoyed the opportunity to make new friends and meet new people. My new school is much better than my old school so it's just a different type of people, if you didn't want to do well you didn't go to my old school, you went to my new school, and I'm finding it a lot more pressured because there are so many people better than me! The teachers are a lot better and have done a lot to make me feel welcome but I don't have the same relationship I did with my old teachers, I don't think that's bc I moved though, I think it's just that they're different people. I'm happy I moved, I feel like I needed a change, and I wouldn't have any friends If I'd stayed at my old school bc they all moved away too, and I think I will get better results here, but I still miss my old school and the relationship I had with everyone there

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the cliques disappear when you get to 6th form, everyone's friendship groups change completely and most of the *****es leave, and everyone talks to everyone bc you've grown out of the cliquey *****y stage and you all have better things to worry about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.