The Student Room Group

Drinking for first time, what to have?

Yeah I am a typical nerd and haven't done the usual getting drunk with the lads but alas, I am finally going to properly drink but I don't know what to have. I've had WKD (lol) in the past and that didn't taste of much, but that's about it really.

Ah and I've also just remembered some cheap beer that was acquired :angel: at another friend's party but it tasted absolutely vile.

I'm going out with a group of friends (who have all turned 18 already :colonhash:) next week but will be drinking but I just don't know what to have, I just don't want to waste my money on a gross drink. So any tips for drinks for a newbie? :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Water
Reply 2
Original post by adamseridji
Water

10/10 very useful
Reply 3
vodka & coke
Reply 4
Red wine
(lovely headache in the morning too)
Original post by KaylaB
10/10 very useful

Are you just curious to drink or? Cause I don't really understand the point of it. Some of my friends have said it tastes disgusting and they only do it to get drunk.
Kopparberg, choose the mixed fruit one and you can drink it as if it was water haha
Koppaberg mixed fruit/any other berry flavoured cider tastes just like squash and is sooo good
Try a good gin. try a black Russian. Pick something new, try a long island ice tea if you want something refreshing.
Good ciders are good and so is a good beer, Stay away from wkd and cheap stuff. Baileys is also a great comfort drink so is coffee liqueur if you like that stuff
Original post by JackFletch
Kopparberg, choose the mixed fruit one and you can drink it as if it was water haha

Wow we're in sync ahaha
Reply 10
Original post by SubZero~
Are you just curious to drink or? Cause I don't really understand the point of it. Some of my friends have said it tastes disgusting and they only do it to get drunk.

I mean I suppose, I want to at least try it or see if I do like it, so I can decide if I want to drink or not. Also, I don't see a bad think of drinking just to get drunk :wink:
A few shots will sort you out.

I never understood the point of drinking until the end of my first year at uni. We had a sports fixture at another uni and the coach wasn't picking us up until like 11pm. Everyone was getting drunk so I just said sod it and bought a bottle of whisky. Great night!
Original post by psychemma
Wow we're in sync ahaha

Well normally I go for jack daniels and coke or vodka and coke but kopparberg aint that bad haha
Original post by KaylaB
I mean I suppose, I want to at least try it or see if I do like it, so I can decide if I want to drink or not. Also, I don't see a bad think of drinking just to get drunk :wink:

Alrighty have fun!
Original post by KaylaB
Yeah I am a typical nerd and haven't done the usual getting drunk with the lads but alas, I am finally going to properly drink but I don't know what to have. I've had WKD (lol) in the past and that didn't taste of much, but that's about it really.

Ah and I've also just remembered some cheap beer that was acquired :angel: at another friend's party but it tasted absolutely vile.

I'm going out with a group of friends (who have all turned 18 already :colonhash:) next week but will be drinking but I just don't know what to have, I just don't want to waste my money on a gross drink. So any tips for drinks for a newbie? :colondollar:

If it's your first time getting plastered, vodka redbull all the way. It tastes really nice - just like bubblegum - and when the caffeine wears off the alcohol hits you like a punch in the face :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by M14B
Red wine
(lovely headache in the morning too)

Any specific type of just bog standard red? :lol:

Original post by JackFletch

Original post by psychemma
Koppaberg mixed fruit/any other berry flavoured cider tastes just like squash and is sooo good

This definitely seems worth a try, it sounds nice :u:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by KaylaB
Any specific type of just bog standard red? :lol:

Any red
Cheap and cheerful
:smile:
Definitely fruit cider for a newbie
Reply 18
Start with cocktails like Malibu/Passoa and mix it with fruit juices. You won't be disgusted by the taste.

JD and Coke
Peach schnapps and irn Bru
Gin and irn Bru

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest