The Student Room Group
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

Psychology at University of Gloucestershire

Hello,

I would like to know your opinions on Gloucestershire university and the Psychology course. I have received an offer from this university for a Bsc Psychology course and I am hesitating between 4 other universities, especially Anglia Ruskin University. So as I dont want to make the wrong choice, I would like to know more about the teaching qualities, tutoring, and life in Cheltham.

Thank you,
Reply 1
Hi ElsMoll,

Although my friend studied Psychology here I and loved it, i don't know enough about the subject to comment on it.

However when it comes to student life here I can honestly say that my three years here were incredible and it's led to me staying in cheltenham and finding full time work here.

There are lots of clubs and bars that cater for all different music tastes and lifestyles, so you needn't worry about that at all. Personally i found myself at 'Moo Moos', 'Fever' and 'Subtone' because i enjoyed mainstream music and found that a lot of my friends would go here as well.

However if you're not into drinking as some of my flatmates weren't then there are lots of shops that are always emerging, lots of restaurants which are perfect to go to when friends or family visit and most of these places will recruit students for part time work so its perfect if you want to earn some extra money.

The Uni also has loads of societies and sports teams you can join, so there is literally no excuse to be bored as well. However I often found myself ordering dominoes a lot and watching box sets with my flatmates... sometimes that literally is an ideal sunday.

I know that when it comes to psychology makes sure your course is accredited, i know that my friend chose to study here because we had the British Psychological Society accreditation, so that might be something to look into.

The best way to work out where to come is usually by going to open days and asking other students questions. you'll hopefully get a feeling about the place and know that you should go there.
Good luck with whichever uni you go to, it will be an amazing three years!

Jack
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you Jack for those useful information! :-)

Quick Reply