The Student Room Group

Why westerners get in a lather about honour killings?

If you and your extended family/community had gone to great lengths to plan your daughters future and the health of your family line wouldn't you likewise be pretty pissed if she suddenly decided to take up with some herbert she met at the local disco? It would show a clear disrespect for the heritage of your family and the reputation of them within the community. It would demonstrate an extreme short sighted level of instant gratification and above all portray a lack of self respect within the individual themselves. Why can't gora just stick his nose out and let our people be; who gives a **** about the welfare of sluts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TW3 Crew
If you and your extended family/community had gone to great lengths to plan your daughters future and the health of your family line wouldn't you likewise be pretty pissed if she suddenly decided to take up with some herbert she met at the local disco? It would show a clear disrespect for the heritage of your family and the reputation of them within the community. It would demonstrate an extreme short sighted level of instant gratification and above all portray a lack of self respect within the individual themselves. Why can't gora just stick his nose out and let our people be; who gives a **** about the welfare of sluts?

#slutsarepeopletoo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because honour killings = murder.

Murder is illegal. It's very bad.

-.-

I find it strange how people can care so much about reputation. Let's ignore the fact that this woman is a human and has feelings and has a right to have a say in her own future... It's all about the reputation.
(edited 7 years ago)
A girl is a slut for liking someone she found on her own and not quietly obeying her arranged marriage.
Those sluts are still your children. Aren't parents supposed to love their kids unconditionally?
My sister gets lot of speedy tickets yet my Dad hadn't put a bullet in her head. By the way, your sons are just as slutty. I don't think I ever heard of fathers murdering their sons for their behavior. Honor killing is murder.

What kind of father slits his own daughter throat's then dismembers her body to get rid of her body? That doesn't sounds barbaric at all? Some of the victims are young as 12 years old! There is no love in murder.

The sluts aren't even sluts. They're just women who refuse to give birth to children and be the wife of a complete stranger that their parents force them to become.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by RezzBerry
A girl is a slut for liking someone she found on her own and not quietly obeying her arranged marriage.

Everything she could possibly want could be found in her parents choice. Other people have a much more impartial and realistic view on the viability of our marital prospects (most blokes after all would just go for a pair of tits given the chance).

Going against this is pure and simply greed/lust/arrogance imo. Everything she does in her life is irrelevant if she can't honour the most fundamental aspects of morality/family life.
Backward Asians smh lol
its not just westerners its human beings in general

where's honour in killing one of your own, because she would rather get married to someone she loves as oppose to her uncle/brother/1st cousin in the name of money lol
Bloody westerners why u gotta feel all superior telling us not to kill our own daughters

Has anyone seen the film honor? Its good

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honour_(film)
Reply 8
Original post by niceguy95
Backward Asians smh lol
its not just westerners its human beings in general

where's honour in killing one of your own, because she would rather get married to someone she loves as oppose to her uncle/brother/1st cousin in the name of money lol

She very often doesn't love the other party. She wants to be ****ed by him but the guy probably doesn't have the right acumen, the right background or probably even the right personality at the end of the day. This is why so many cracker bitches end up as single mother on benefits because they favour this form of instant gratification. If you honour your ancestors and reject all forms of instant gratification one cannot possibly go wrong.
She very often doesn't love the other party. She wants to be ****ed by him but the guy probably doesn't have the right acumen, the right background or probably even the right personality at the end of the day. This is why so many cracker bitches end up as single mother on benefits because they favour this form of instant gratification. If you honour your ancestors and reject all forms of instant gratification one cannot possibly go wrong.

Arranged marriages are clearly superior, you are correct, it's a flawless process that benefits all parties in every circumstance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Man said cracker, im done

Death, aint something you play with once they are gone, theyre gone. Why aren't boys honour killed.

Single mother on benefits >>> Mother in forced relationship through fear and intimidation
12747416_532274663617661_7322587210914695154_o.jpg
Reply 13

My grandmother defied her family and ancestors when she married my grandfather. They were married for 56 years when she died. He died a few days later of a broken heart.

Love conquers all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everything she could possibly want could be found in her parents choice. Other people have a much more impartial and realistic view on the viability of our marital prospects (most blokes after all would just go for a pair of tits given the chance).

Going against this is pure and simply greed/lust/arrogance imo. Everything she does in her life is irrelevant if she can't honour the most fundamental aspects of morality/family life.

Regardless of whether I agree with your opinion, I find it fascinating to observe the way you think, the human mind's ability to form complex ideologies out of nothing, its desire to impose its ideologies over others, the mind's capacity for self seeking and survival. How a man's mind creates a rigid black-and-white thought system out of a multitude of perspectives.
Original post by Katty3
My grandmother defied her family and ancestors when she married my grandfather. They were married for 56 years when she died. He died a few days later of a broken heart.

Love conquers all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice story but how do you die of a broken heart?
Reply 16
Original post by cherryred90s

It's a well recognised phenomena. When one partner dies, often the other will die shortly after because they just can't stand to be separated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cherryred90s

its real. there are many stories like this. also stories of mothers who lose their babies during childbirth or shortly after and they die of heart break as they cannot take it. :frown:
Because we aren't an honour culture? Western societies value individual freedom and choice more. It's differences in values.
First post, posts something controversial.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending