The Student Room Group

3 Languages at Degree Level!?

Hello :smile:

To put it simply, I'm a 'mature' student (24), who studied French at A level (5years ago) and am in Japan this year learning Japanese, which I don't find hard at all.

When I'm back in the UK I would like to study French, German and Spanish at uni.

Is this doable? Has anybody studied three languages at uni? How did you find it? I hear Bangor offer 3 Languages, and I was already thinking of going there.

Thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by .Eimi.36
Hello :smile:

To put it simply, I'm a 'mature' student (24), who studied French at A level (5years ago) and am in Japan this year learning Japanese, which I don't find hard at all.

When I'm back in the UK I would like to study French, German and Spanish at uni.

Is this doable? Has anybody studied three languages at uni? How did you find it? I hear Bangor offer 3 Languages, and I was already thinking of going there.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Hi.

It's definitely doable or no universities would offer it and if you do a more extensive search you'll come up with some more that do. (I don't know if you specifically want to go to Bangor for a reason or if it's just the only one you've found so far.)

However, if you do three languages you will not have time for the background modules that are usually part of modern language courses, which would include such things as history, culture, literature, translation, etc. So it depends on how important, if at all, those would be to you.

Hope this helps. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending