The Student Room Group

IGCSE / English Language / 3rd May 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Paper 2 Reading Passage 0522
In question 2b what phrases did you select?
orange trees laced with sunlight and some other stuff I don't remeber
I didn't understand Q1 at all , it said pretend you are Maria , but why at the end said Maria Rose Head= M.R Head ?
We all thought that M.R.Head was Mr Head and he was the one that had written the description and had won the free hotel visit but at the end it was revealed that it was Maria (Maria Rose Head/M.R.Head)
Original post by memes&dreams
We all thought that M.R.Head was Mr Head and he was the one that had written the description and had won the free hotel visit but at the end it was revealed that it was Maria (Maria Rose Head/M.R.Head)

The little shits!
Reply 65
That test was one of a kind
Reply 66
Original post by nitthushz
Paper 2 Reading Passage 0522
In question 2b what phrases did you select?

for question 2b I choose 'tatty trinkets' , 'straggling stalls', 'beehive market' and 'Laden...rainbow'
Reply 67
Anyone finds the 0522 2016 paper 2 pls hmu i would like to see q1 again.
anyone got an unofficial mark scheme yet for the one about miss salmon? cheers.
Reply 69
Original post by salmarzk
I wrote that the ms Selmon did it.. but I was really careless that I signed the letter with my name instead of Selmon. What about you?

I wrote that the student did it,how would the examiner award the marks would i get 0 marks???
Reply 70
Original post by kyr0ss
I wrote that the students did it. Was it really the teacher?

I wrote the student did it,how do you think they will award the marks
Reply 71
Original post by Geeko
I wrote the student did it,how do you think they will award the marks

Probably deducted a few marks depending on how well your content was.
Reply 72
Original post by kyr0ss
Probably deducted a few marks depending on how well your content was.

any tips for the English directed writing and composition on may 6th
Reply 73
Original post by ckzsjkc
hi may i ask what zone any of you guys are in.i am in zone 5 and i just did the exam.if any of you find a passage about miss salmon it is really tricky. read the passage very carefully. i lost marks cause i didn't. uggh :'( :'( :'( it was really tricky wasn't it. i didn't write that miss salmon did it. run and *cries* in corner good luck everyone.

I also wrote that the student did it,how do you think they will award the mark??
Reply 74
Original post by Geeko
I also wrote that the student did it,how do you think they will award the mark??

yes, but they will deduct marks depending on how good or bad your content was. you will also be awarded for the style of how you wrote your letter.
Reply 75
Original post by Geeko
I wrote that the student did it,how would the examiner award the marks would i get 0 marks???

I don't think so.. I think they will still give you reward for your content..
I'm not sure too who actually did it.
Ok idk if my message was posted so I'll send this again just in case. For English Language (international) Q1, about the false fire alarm, Ms Salmon did it. Since it is a reading paper, it tests whether you can understand explicit and implicit meanings, amongst other things. So if you said that someone other than Ms Salmon did it, you will lose marks, but you'll only drop down to like band 3 or 4, depending on how well you interpreted the rest of the passage, and then obviously you can still get band 1 for the style of your writing, so whilst you won't be getting an A*, you should still be fine.
Reply 77
Have people done it? Mines in a few hours, anything to look out for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending