The Student Room Group

You cannot choose to be from a country; hence it is pointless being patriotic.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
The definition of fascism is literally 'an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.'
Good one.
Reply 141
Becauses it the spirit of our ancestors that left legacys. You cannot chose your mother yet you love her
Reply 142
Original post by Prince_fancybum
Pretty good actually.

How does it feel to be such an unappreciative prick towards a country that's blessed you with a wealth of opportunity?

Lol are u trippin?
**** the police, **** the queen and her family
Reply 143
Phew mane, why are you proud of being racist
Equal in what sense? Morally, it doesnt comply with our culture, but it does with theirs
Original post by Itsyaboy
Phew mane, why are you proud of being racist

Mane? I'm not a horse dude

Original post by Youngmetro
Equal in what sense? Morally, it doesnt comply with our culture, but it does with theirs

How can cultures be equal if they do not comply and co-exist with each other? Is there a sliding scale of compatibility?
We can say certain things dont comply with our culture, they can say we dont comply with theirs. Intolerance is the problem here.

Our own moral judgement is based on our surroundings, their morals are based on their own surroundings.
Reply 147
Original post by AngryRedhead
Mane? I'm not a horse dude

How can cultures be equal if they do not comply and co-exist with each other? Is there a sliding scale of compatibility?

Ehh? Argue the point, not the language you ****in idiot
Ehh? Argue the point, not the language you ****in idiot

You can't even spell 'man' right and I'm the idiot here? :toofunny: :toofunny:

There is no point to be argued.
Reply 149
It's Houston rap slang, this just proves how little you know you ****
It's Houston rap slang, this just proves how little you know you ****

I apologise for not being 'culturally educated' enough :rofl:
You dont seem to mind being labelled a racist
The Chinese dont use their culture to undermine other cultures and people, the british do.

The Chinese dont think others should be forced to adopt their culture, the British do.

The Chinese dont think their culture is superior to others, the British do (well, western culture)

the Chinese dont uphold their culture and believe others should look up to it, the British do.

The Chinese have a culture, the British dont.

People who claim to be nationalists in Britain spend more time bashing other cultures, screaming about immigrants and muslims rather than actually being proud of their mundane culture. They simply shout 'Culture Relativism is ********'

How do you even know? I also know many people won't agree with you here. You're actually coming off racist.
Original post by 0to100
How do you even know? I also know many people won't agree with you here. You're actually coming off racist.

Do point out where I was racist. And this is all just from what is on TSR and even on this thread.
You dont seem to mind being labelled a racist

That's because it's not racist to be proud of one's own country...

Immigrants recognise the west to be a superior place to live as opposed to their own countries. Why don't you?
Lol are u trippin?
**** the police, **** the queen and her family

@Youngmetro

I cba to go to back to pg 1 to quote you two but all I have to say is the purpose of patriotism is normally to be used in times of political unrest or wars actually, to support the politicians or soldiers.

If you say I hope the soldiers die or the prime minister/pres gets assassinated, it's not patriotic.

It's suspicious if it's done on the otherhand like day to day and so then it becomes nationalism. Which isn't racism. White people and Asians and blacks are nationalistic to each other.

Is a Japanese person saying gtfo Koreans racist, no. It's nationalistic. Sick of people using the wrong words interchangeably.
Do point out where I was racist. And this is all just from what is on TSR and even on this thread.

All throughout the thread the **** you're saying about British people
They dont come because the culture is better, its because of economic reasons, especially since many of their own countries were trashed by the british in the past, which significantly slowed the rate of development. Using your logic you can argue that their culture is 'superior' because we encouraged immigration in the past and currently need these immigrants to fill up both low and high skilled jobs the people of the british culture are incapable of doing.
Original post by 0to100
All throughout the thread the **** you're saying about British people

I was talking about british culture dude, im british as well smh

Saying its boring, bland and saying all cultures are equal isnt racist at all.

Oh you're more than free to leave (but you're probably lying anyway)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/alexander-litvinenko-murdered-because-he-accused-putin-of-being-a-paedophile-a6824806.html

Surprised how much you lack knowledge, you're just delusional

Quick Reply

Latest