The Student Room Group

Scary period

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to share my thoughts as it will help me to know if someone out there is living the same thing as I do. I am an international student here in London and it my final year ( graduating in July) and I am living the scariest moments of my life. I applied to internships and graduate position in IB/AM got few interviews but failed to get into anything and i have no idea what to do after graduation as I don't have a concrete plan.. Help?
Is it still feasible to apply to study for a 4th year undergraduate masters?

This seems to be the saving grace of those who don't get offers.
Apply for Big4 audit and cry yourself to sleep because you aren't good enough for IB

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
apply to do an internship next year i guess, or apply for grad roles too. spread your apps wide, so don't just apply to IB but also Big4 - other accountancy firms etc.. as getting a job would be your initial primary concern
Original post by Rymd
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to share my thoughts as it will help me to know if someone out there is living the same thing as I do. I am an international student here in London and it my final year ( graduating in July) and I am living the scariest moments of my life. I applied to internships and graduate position in IB/AM got few interviews but failed to get into anything and i have no idea what to do after graduation as I don't have a concrete plan.. Help?

Don't give up. Try other parts of IB, Big 4, Consulting, Corporates, just anything remotely relevant. Try smaller firms. Keep going until you get something, somewhere. Try Off-Cycle internships too. Sometimes there are last minute drop-outs also.

You can apply again at the IBs for either internships or graduate positions. The majority will still accept applications even one or two years after graduating. So get some experience and try again. Ask HR though so you do not waste your time.

And remember, it is not a reflection of you but rather a reflection of the extremely limited number of places. Not everyone can work in IB/AM.

In rare cases, you might see some First Year Analyst jobs pop up on LinkedIn - again from people who have dropped out - so get some experience from anywhere and you can apply for those.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey
I know what am going to ask has nothing to do with your question but
What subjects did you do for A level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go for some M&A/transaction related roles at smaller firms (there are hundreds to apply to so there's no reason you can't find something) or Big4 corp finance if not Big4 Audit. If you still want to get into IB apply after around 3 years and you should easily get in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending