The Student Room Group

What's so wrong with having a sugar daddy?

I've known of people to have had sugar daddies who they haven't slept with, and they get paid simply for providing their time. What is so wrong with this?
Reply 1
You'll get diabetes
Because relationships should be about love and puppies and unicorns and rainbows and anything remotely practical is morally abhorrent and to be looked down and shamed but that's definitely not because people are deathly afraid of being taken advantage of and/or having no means by which to be seen as a mutually advantageous relationship.

Why are you being so silly
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I've known of people to have had sugar daddies who they haven't slept with, and they get paid simply for providing their time. What is so wrong with this?

Yeah.
Reply 4
I find the 'no sex'contention highly questionable. I guess if it consensual arrangement then, no problem. Except perhaps that it's founded on some pretty base instincts, it involves a male who should we old enough to know better in exploitation of a barely adult female, it undermines women's status to earn a living for themselves and, at best, it makes both parties a laughing stock with their mates.
It a way it's even worse than being hooker. It's less honest.
Reply 6
Nothing wrong with it, young women trading sex for men's resources is as old as our species and it's not going away anytime soon.
Original post by Anonymous
I've known of people to have had sugar daddies who they haven't slept with, and they get paid simply for providing their time.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. That might be what they tell you - or what the 'get men to pay you not to have sex with them, just pay us a pile of money first' website scams might say - but it's not the reality.

Think about it: you're a man with enough spare cash to do this. Would you pay someone who is not going to be sexual with you, or someone just as lovely in whatever way you like who would? Hmm...

What is so wrong with this?

That they're lying to you.
Oh, the answer to the question 'what's wrong with being a (sexual) sugar baby?' is..

Nothing, but treat it like the work it is. Get the cash in your hand (or something you would spend the cash on) before any extended period with the client, and absolutely before anything sexual happens. Protect your privacy and work out your boundaries ahead of time, then stick to them.
Reply 9
They're almost certainly fibbing if they say it's platonic.
But nothing wrong with it.
Anyone who says otherwise is just being judgey, and who cares anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending