The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Anniversary scholarships and LMA's

Hello people.
Since we are all anticipating the results for the LSE scholarships, i thought a group would be appropriate for it.
Please post questions & let know if you've received the award.

All the best! =]]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blackbluegreen
Good idea.

I wasn't sure if some people were receiving scholarships together with their offers or we are all waiting till the end?

Only the GSS results are announced along with the offer, the rest we gotta wait!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
So, who else is pacing the floor and trying to work out which organ they can feasibly live without if they're unsuccessful? Now that we're at the really pointy end of things I admit to being bloody terrified that it's all going to fall at the last hurdle.
Original post by blerg
So, who else is pacing the floor and trying to work out which organ they can feasibly live without if they're unsuccessful? Now that we're at the really pointy end of things I admit to being bloody terrified that it's all going to fall at the last hurdle.

hello, join the club!
Im petrified, and specially cuz i cannot attend w/o the LMA's! I know someone who already received one of the scholarships, it is so scary - i keep on checking my email every 5 minutes!!! aaaggghhhhh.
oh btw, i figured i won't be able to afford lse even after selling both my kidneys .. :/ hneh
(edited 7 years ago)
When did the person you know hear back?

I wonder in what order they would make decisions. By department, by date of application or by merit?

I just wish we will hear something soon. Not knowing is the worst.

Hey, the person heard on the 18th may. He received khattars scholarship, which is for the south East Asian students.

I hope the same but sadly they write only to the successful candidates.
Reply 5
Original post by prospectivegrad
Hey, the person heard on the 18th may. He received khattars scholarship, which is for the south East Asian students.

I hope the same but sadly they write only to the successful candidates.

There's someone on Grad Cafe who posted on 20 May that they got a 'scholarship covering the full tuition' for a Finance and Economics masters. I wonder if this is your friend or someone else entirely. In any case, it makes sense that they would award named scholarships first and encourages me to be a bit more patient regarding the outcome of 'generic' awards like LMAs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Awesome. Thanks for letting us know.

I wondered whether any British nationals have heard, especially re Anniversary scholarship.

It seems to me many of us who did not receive GSS funding had a shortfall above £15k i.e. we were too poor to receive GSS. That seems unfair to me.

If I don't hear anything by end of July that means making last minute plans to do something else next year and saving up enough money to reapply next year... Grr

I think you still can ask to postpone your programme. If LSE accepts you'll have an guaranteed spot for the next year than (to save up some money)
Awesome. Thanks for letting us know.

I wondered whether any British nationals have heard, especially re Anniversary scholarship.

It seems to me many of us who did not receive GSS funding had a shortfall above £15k i.e. we were too poor to receive GSS. That seems unfair to me.

If I don't hear anything by end of July that means making last minute plans to do something else next year and saving up enough money to reapply next year... Grr

No don't give up like that! Try deferring your offer instead. And hope for the best.
Good luck!
hiya, was wondering if anyone could help me with this?

i received my offer letter on the 4th may (web tracker actually says 29th april), but the scholarships page states that you must hold an offer and have completed the financial support application by 27th april to be considered. on the LSE FAQ's it says that 'All the deadlines set by the Financial Support Office are final', and that you should defer your offer to be considered for any future financial support. However, on the tracker it says, 'Your data will be held on file and used to consider you for any other LSE scholarships offered by the School for which you are eligible. If you are successful in obtaining another LSE award, we will notify you in writing by the end of July 2016 at the latest' - I was wondering if those who received their offer and had completed the graduate application before the 27th april also get the same message on their tracker?

Just wondering if mine is an automated response or whether i will actually be considered. From the sounds of it though, i may have missed the deadline. Slightly confused !

thanks
Reply 9
It does sound like you've missed the deadline and that your tracker's showing an automated response, but if I were you I'd check with the Financial Support Office just in case. Maybe they're more lenient with deadlines than they let on? Good luck!
Original post by blerg
It does sound like you've missed the deadline and that your tracker's showing an automated response, but if I were you I'd check with the Financial Support Office just in case. Maybe they're more lenient with deadlines than they let on? Good luck!

thanks blerg. just out of interest, do you have the same message on your tracker?
Original post by blerg
There's someone on Grad Cafe who posted on 20 May that they got a 'scholarship covering the full tuition' for a Finance and Economics masters. I wonder if this is your friend or someone else entirely. In any case, it makes sense that they would award named scholarships first and encourages me to be a bit more patient regarding the outcome of 'generic' awards like LMAs.

He's going to study msc finance and PE. might be the same person? :b
Reply 12
Original post by wilsonstomatoes
thanks blerg. just out of interest, do you have the same message on your tracker?

Yep, although it's preceded by a couple of sentences re not getting a GSS award.
Original post by blerg
Yep, although it's preceded by a couple of sentences re not getting a GSS award.

Just spoke to them and apparently, you're right, there was a bit of delay (as it was only by two days) so am still being considered for this year... thanks again!
Reply 14
Original post by wilsonstomatoes
Just spoke to them and apparently, you're right, there was a bit of delay (as it was only by two days) so am still being considered for this year... thanks again!

Excellent news!
Another week ends and still nothing from the scholarship team.
I'm running out of patience!!!!
Does anyone know of someone who might've heard from them?
Still no news.

The annoying thing is how they won't tell us if we have been unsuccessful. So we continue to work until end of July and if we hear nothing then that means no. They might have already taken a decision, we just aren't told.

I tried calling them too, all they say is "we are still informing" "decisions are still being taken" :/
My only consolation is that no one I know of (except one) has heard back. But for all I know, there's all possibility that everyone's rejected.
Reply 17
How many students usually receive a scholarship? I assumed it's mostly one student per scholarship (Which means about 5-10 students in total)? If that's the case it's highly unlikely to a) receive a scholarship and b) know someone who received it.
Hey!
The website says they allot 12 million for financial assistance. The previous years they gave out some 100 scholarships to Indian students.
They've a lot of named scholarships (more than 5-10 fyi), and I do know of a handful of them who've received the scholarship in the past.
So yeah, not so unlikely.
Another factor to add (sorry guys) is that multiple scholarships can go to the same person, if the scholarships only cover relatively small amounts.

Quick Reply

Latest