The Student Room Group

You know them Invigilators

Scroll to see replies

I hate it when they stand over you and you try and hide your work because you don't want to be humiliated by a wrong answer..
I hate it when they just stand and read your work, I had one come up to me after a maths mock when I was waiting to leave the hall to tell me that I'd gotten an answer wrong and he'd wanted to point it out to me:s-smilie:
And as well at my school there's a rumour that they play a game where they all stand next to someone they think will fail, which I hope isn't true because they always stand next to me:laugh:
Well, It's different for me, some of our teachers are qualified Invigilators (they don't invigilate their own exams of course).
I just wish our Female maths teacher was always our invigilator :heart:
Must be very boring for them invigilators.
Reply 25
In my English Language mock, I asked for extra paper and there was around 15 mins left, she took 15 minutes to give me the paper.
An invigilators phone went off in one of my AS exams...
In my maths GCSE last year I wrote a wrong number on my candidate number form bc I wasn't thinking straight/panicking etc, so I wrote the correct number next to it but asked an invigilator about what to do and she was old bless her but omg she was like "What???" and I had to speak normal tone to explain so people around me knew how much of an absolute retard I was and IT GETS BETTER this lady shouts across the sports hall bc I'm holding up the exam and shouts to the exam officer "Sorry love, but there's a lady over here who wrote the wrong candidate number" and she was just casj having a convo with our exam officer across the hall and they came to the conclusion they'll let the exam board know, which I heard the exam officer suggest, and the lady turned to me and shouted the repeat. Got the B I needed, but man it was humiliating!
Original post by IfYouCanDreamIt
And as well at my school there's a rumour that they play a game where they all stand next to someone they think will fail, which I hope isn't true because they always stand next to me:laugh:

I've heard this! My friend's nan is an invigilator and they walk slowly next to 'who looks the most nervous' and 'whos most likely to cheat' its hilarious but petrifying and distracting bc u wanna know who the invigilators expect to fail but you gotta nail that paper ygm
There's this one who keeps blowing his bloody nose and sneezing all the time ffs:colonhash:
Original post by Questioness
I'll be sitting in a room all by myself with one tomorrow. Don't see how that's fair. I'm gunna be so put of tbh.

Good luck with your English language tomorrow. I already did mind in November it's a TOUgh paper tbh so don't be put off
Original post by Questioness
I'll be sitting in a room all by myself with one tomorrow. Don't see how that's fair. I'm gunna be so put of tbh.

If anything it's better when you're on a room by yourself with an invigilator because they just sit down and do some work or read, rather than walking around constantly. A lot less stressful.
Reply 32
Original post by junayd1998
You know them ones, the old mofo that stands at the front giving the same damn speech every exam about electronic devices and cheating blah blah. Then the fat geeza that comes down every lane to make sure your not cheating and making them irratating sounds every time he steps damn that one pisses me off and glancing at my paper. What thing annoys you most about invigilators?

When they stand next to you and fart UGH. I hate it. Or when they breathe really loud
Original post by im.a.witch
What annoys me most is when you actually need them (for like a pen or extra paper) they suddenly go blind and you have to waste 10 minutes of EXAM time waving your hand frantically

Very very accurate!!!:tongue:
Original post by Illimitable
When they start looking at my paper. I'm just like bruh why the f*ck are you looking at my paper?!?!

OMG yes this happened to me GCSE- I feel like they knew I was doing something wrong?:tongue: Some of them were so old they probably didn't know anything anyway!:tongue:
Original post by sunshine774
Very very accurate!!!:tongue:

OMG yes this happened to me GCSE- I feel like they knew I was doing something wrong?:tongue: Some of them were so old they probably didn't know anything anyway!:tongue:

Exactly lol! :smile: They're so weird.
Reply 35
One of my invigilators looks like the girl from 50 shades of gray, so who am I to complain.
Way to necro post ya little shits
Exactly lol! :smile: They're so weird.

Yeah they are they're very annoying!:tongue: I have really boring invigilators now though...:colonhash:
Original post by sunshine774
Yeah they are they're very annoying!:tongue: I have really boring invigilators now though...:colonhash:

Yeah, when they're looking over your shoulder you just feel weird and kind of look up a little to see what they're doing lol.
Yeah, when they're looking over your shoulder you just feel weird and kind of look up a little to see what they're doing lol.

Yeah I understand they have to tick your candidate number or whatever but sometimes they stand there for AGES and it makes me feel really paranoid it's so distracting!:tongue: I feel like they're playing some kind of game...:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest