The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Unit 2 (PHYA2) June 9th 2016 Resit paper

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScalyJake
Since acceleration is inversely proportional to mass, the decreasing mass meant that the lorry would accelerate at a greater rate. This means the initial gradient on the graph would be steeper.

The lorry reaches its terminal velocity when it is in equilibrium. The driving force and the restitive forces are equal. Due to the higher acceleration, this lorry reaches its terminal velocity sooner than that in figure 7.

Because the air resistance is independent of the mass of the lorry, the change in mass would not effect the maximum speed.

This is roughly what I put, not sure what's right or wrong though.

i got 0 :frown:
On the 6 marker and spring question i just made stupid mistakes so i'm really pissed off. That was a weird paper, nothing about young's modulus, strange questions and too much on refraction for me. For the space module one did you have to find the speed it would decelerate to?! I just calculated that it would slow it down enough, i didn't find the speed it would slow the module to
did anyone get liek 2.34 or something like that for J for the spring like adding 2.2j + the energy required to overcome the friction
I put similar except i put it reached a higher velocity as because its lighter the friction firce from the tires would be less to would take longer to reach terminal v.....god knows....that was awful....was gonna do a markscheme but i barely remember anything....was awful.....the waves section was an absolute treat but apart from that it was awful.....even the projectile motion was tough!
Original post by ScalyJake
Since acceleration is inversely proportional to mass, the decreasing mass meant that the lorry would accelerate at a greater rate. This means the initial gradient on the graph would be steeper.

The lorry reaches its terminal velocity when it is in equilibrium. The driving force and the restitive forces are equal. Due to the higher acceleration, this lorry reaches its terminal velocity sooner than that in figure 7.

Because the air resistance is independent of the mass of the lorry, the change in mass would not effect the maximum speed.

This is roughly what I put, not sure what's right or wrong though.

Roughly what I put in the last three minutes of panick scribbling...
Original post by philo-jitsu
I put similar except i put it reached a higher velocity as because its lighter the friction firce from the tires would be less to would take longer to reach terminal v.....god knows....that was awful....was gonna do a markscheme but i barely remember anything....was awful.....the waves section was an absolute treat but apart from that it was awful.....even the projectile motion was tough!

same as me, forgot that AR was independent of the mass. Also ****ed up the work and force for the spring. How many times did the light undergo TIR in the diamond? And was the other material better at reflecting light than the diamond or worse?
"did anyone get liek 2.34 or something like that for J for the spring like adding 2.2j + the energy required to overcome the friction"

Yesssss, glad someone got the same as me :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Physicsretake
did anyone get liek 2.34 or something like that for J for the spring like adding 2.2j + the energy required to overcome the friction

I got 2.38j
Wtf was that exam! Did anyone else not have enough time! Hardest paper out ot the lot of past papers!
Did you guys get: the boy can't stand on it as the support on the rock is too small, by taking moment from the embankment.
Original post by philo-jitsu
Oh noooooo did gravity not apply?....was it really jist 670/mass to find a?!

Think the wording of the question was "resultant force" rather than upwards force
Original post by Sufyxyz
Did you guys get: the boy can't stand on it as the support on the rock is too small, by taking moment from the embankment.

I did, but people in my class said he can stand on it. I dunno tho
Oh well, it's over and done with... I'll go sit in a corner and die or something...
Original post by chrishannon09
same as me, forgot that AR was independent of the mass. Also ****ed up the work and force for the spring. How many times did the light undergo TIR in the diamond? And was the other material better at reflecting light than the diamond or worse?

It was a better reflector, it had a higher refferactive index and sinØcrit=n2/n1
As n1 for the otter material was higher sinø was smaller, to the critical angle was smaller. So more light hits at angle greater than critical angle so it's a better reflector.
I'm not looking forward to chem2 tomorrow after this.
Reply 255
Anyone else get 3.3 m/s for the speed of the launcher pr whatever it is
I spent the first hour of that paper wondering wtf was happening, but then i answered everything in the last 15 minutes

Regarding the 6 marker, im pretty sure it said the resistive force was proportional to the mass. Hence, as the mass decreased, there was less drag acting on it in relation to the first lorry, so it would reach a greater terminal velocity due to an increased resultant force. The initial gradient would also be steeper as a would be increased if m decreases because F is constant. The other points to make were about how the first truck reaches terminal velocity when the thrust and drag forces are equal and this is when the graph levels off and velocity is constant, and that initially the gradient of the graph is a curve as it is accelerating due to the resultant force

Hope this helps
Original post by AlphaBetaGamma
That was brutal none of the past papers coud have prepared me for this vague ******** of paper

Literally same, I answered a grand total of 0 of the projectiles question and I already know I've gotten question 1 all wrong so theres 16 marks straight down the drain... for ****s sake
talk about kicking you when you're down- hopefully 45 marks for an A otherwise I'm screwed
Original post by Shta15
Anyone else get 3.3 m/s for the speed of the launcher pr whatever it is

Yep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending