The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Unit 2 (PHYA2) June 9th 2016 Resit paper

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
did everyone get 24.?? for critical angle?? Im so confused
Reply 521
Original post by jamestordoff
yeah but a fat man in a car cant reach the same speed as a skinny guy in a car if their resultant forces are the same can they ?

were frictional forces negligible or not? it would depend on that, as the classic one is a falling body where mass is independent of velocity but there are no fictional forces there
Reply 522
Original post by 02chenr

yes
Original post by Selborn
were frictional forces negligible or not? it would depend on that, as the classic one is a falling body where mass is independent of velocity but there are no fictional forces there

aah yes but there were frictional forces acting AND it stated that the driving forces on both lorries were kept the same
Original post by 02chenr

For the diamond? That rings a bell yeah i think i got that....it was just 1/ref index....you likely got it right
just wish the 6 marker was on like young modulus or some hookes law stuff.. definitely lost like 3 or 4 marks on that I felt like I repeated myself a lot.. definitely didn't say enough for even 5 marks
Reply 526
Original post by txnilxnur
i said something similar, that you would see more waves between A and B because the width was smaller and cause higher frequency theres more between A and B?
dunno what you mean by frequency less so fridge space is less, do you mean frequency is higher?

oh soz yeah i meant higher frequency, well whatever the question said
Absolute joke of a paper, I've had A's in nearly ever past paper and I would be surprised if I got a low B on this. Every question was just awkwardly harder than it should have been, and the mark allocation seemed wrong.
A fair amount of easy 1 mark questions but since the timing was so all over the place I bet a large minority of people missed marks they could otherwise have easily gotten.
If exams are supposed to accurately reflect the skill level of their students them I'm not entirely sure what this paper was supposed to be...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 528
Has anyone in here got CHEM2 tomoz?
I got 2.8 something for the speed. You had to find the acceleration using f=ma then use suvat. It seemed like an M1 and M2 paper with some physics thrown in there at the end. I thought it was a decent paper all in all.

Did anyone get a really small value for the energy stored?
Original post by mbh16
Has anyone in here got CHEM2 tomoz?

yeah fffs :')
Reply 531
Original post by CALI1198
I got 2.8 something for the speed. You had to find the acceleration using f=ma then use suvat. It seemed like an M1 and M2 paper with some physics thrown in there at the end. I thought it was a decent paper all in all.

Did anyone get a really small value for the energy stored?

I did but I wasn't sure what to use for F in the equation
Original post by mbh16
what did everyone get for the boy and the plank one?

The boy's moment was less therefore the plank didn't tilt (can't remember the numbers). You had to take moments about the rock

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Original post by CALI1198
The boy's moment was less therefore the plank didn't tilt (can't remember the numbers). You had to take moments about the rock

Yes lad you on a One Plus One too? Master race:wink: I think you may have been able to take moments from the embankment but it would be a little complicated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jonny7bell
Absolute joke of a paper, I've had A's in nearly ever past paper and I would be surprised if I got a low B on this. Every question was just awkwardly harder than it should have been, and the mark allocation seemed wrong.
A fair amount of easy 1 mark questions but since the timing was so all over the place I bet a large minority of people missed marks they could otherwise have easily gotten.
If exams are supposed to accurately reflect the skill level of their students them I'm not entirely sure what this paper was supposed to be...

Couldn't agree with you more
Original post by JamieOH
Yes lad you on a One Plus One too? Master race:wink: I think you may have been able to take moments from the embankment but it would be a little complicated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish! It's the HTC One M7 (2013)
It's total **** now, it just died at 30% rn hence the delay in the reply.

Was the boy able to stand? And we're the engines able to slow down the speed of space craft???

I drew that. In black is what was given.

I decided it'd go out as the angle of incidence looked to be less than the critical angle so I thought it wouldn't be able to total internally reflect?

The line in the diagram should be diffracted a bit more. Poor diagram.

And my final blue line should bend away from the normal since air is less dense

Anyone care to hazard a guess at full ums.....not that it matters...but really needed it

I think there have been harder questions....But except for the waves section there were literally no easy questions, so time became a huge factor which is what will have lead people to lose easy marks....like myself!!!.... god im pissed off..I think I am just gonna presume every single paper from AQA is gonna be the worst paper ever, Biol2 resit was also dreadful

I was gonna do an MS but the last three questions are just a blur...too pissed off...

Have we come to a consensus about what the elastic potential was, I have heard various answers..

I found energy loss from friction as 0.18 then added to 2.2j

I got 0.18 by using stored energy equation but looking back it may have just been Fs=Work done so 0.36 instead of 0.18j

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending