The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lol, who is doing the bombings?

[video="youtube;X7_0NoRHOEM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7_0NoRHOEM[/video]

Kill all Jews, Hamas TV host urges kids
Palestinian child told to punch Jews and ‘turn their faces into tomatoes in order to liberate Palestine’
http://www.timesofisrael.com/kill-all-jews-urges-hamas-tv-host/

Sorry, no sympathy from me. At all.
(edited 7 years ago)
As much as I sympathize with the plight of the Palestinian people, the fact they are so conservative and backwards makes me fear for the safety of the Jews and secular democracy far much more...
> calls self a neutral
> links video of Galloway talking about Israel/Palestine

hmmm
The conflict is too much tied up with two sides both thinking they have a god-given right to the land. It isn't really so much a "Palestinian" vs. "Israeli" conflict, but an Islam versus Judaism conflict.

If everybody truly wished for peace, they would be happy for Jerusalem to be a UN protectorate and the rest of the region being rules by self-determination.
Reply 5
Jewish government is wrong, Jewish people aren't.
Palestinian government is wrong, Palestinian people aren't.

Welcome to the Middle-East.
Original post by konvictz0007
http://youtu.be/8jUR7SaETIU

As a neutral I see this conflict as the greatest injustice in recent history.

The Palestinians had done nothing wrong and Jews, Christians and Muslims were peacefully living there for hundreds of years under a Muslim occupation.

We wouldn't like it if someone came to the UK and bombed us, killed most of us, forced the rest to the corners and controlled most of the resources we need.

The arabic nations objected to mass migration into their lands of people fleeing persecution.

There was a war, the arabic nations lost and the UN , looked at the issue and decided that the immgrants could keep some of the land and form a country called Israel.

Ever since significant numbers of hate filled people living in arabic nations have create a seiged mentality in Israel.

One has to really feel sorry for the poor Israelis. What can you do if significant numbers of your neighbours hate you and now the left around the world does too.

Its looking grim.

Rest assured Israel, I'll support your right to exist.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
As much as I sympathize with the plight of the Palestinian people, the fact they are so conservative and backwards makes me fear for the safety of the Jews and secular democracy far much more...

The problem is that it becomes a cycle.

Israel occupies Palestinian land.
Attempts to diplomatically end the problem are vetod and ignored.
Palestinians then support the only solution available to them, which is via violence.

The sad thing is that even if a diplomatic solution were attempted, there is so much bitterness between the two groups that it would be unlikely to succeed.
Original post by Mathemagicien

Kill all Jews, Hamas TV host urges kids
Palestinian child told to punch Jews and ‘turn their faces into tomatoes in order to liberate Palestine’

*today on Blue Peter we tell you how to identify an immigrant so you can give them a good hiding. Radzi goes out on the streets of Dover with some vigilantes while Lindsey makes a model of an immigrant boat out of a cornflake packet and sticky backed plastic
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob

It's pretty hard to make progress when you get murdered and your lands are occupied ever since the end of WWII.
Original post by Metalfros
It's pretty hard to make progress when you get murdered and your lands are occupied ever since the end of WWII.

I wonder how the Jews must have felt in the 7th century.
Original post by Onde

You can't compare the 7th century to the current century. And even if it did, do the Palestinians today deserve to suffer for what their ancestors did 1000 years ago?
You can't compare the 7th century to the current century. And even if it did, do the Palestinians today deserve to suffer for what their ancestors did 1000 years ago?

As I said in an earlier post, this is more than a nationalist conflict. It is about two groups of people who think they have a god-given right to the land. This is deeply relevant to the modern day, as you have people picking sides purely based on what religion they have, rather than any genuine desire for peace or any sound arguments whatsoever.

No rational person would blow themselves up for peace or as a way of resolving a dispute about land or nationality. This is the mark of a fundamentalist religion, not the actions of reasonable people.

I'm rather sick and tired of both sides in the dispute letting us all down.

As it is, if the issue was resolved as the situation was after WWII, in accordance with the UN, there could easily have been a two-state solution, even if the Israelis at the time were the majority population.
Original post by Onde

Jews felt that they will be back. :cool:
Original post by TelAviv
> calls self a neutral
> links video of Galloway talking about Israel/Palestine

hmmm

It is not about the person in the video, I was linked this, I heard the points and felt they were fair - if the points made in the video are wrong then please do inform me, this is a discussion you can do just that.
Original post by Onde
As I said in an earlier post, this is more than a nationalist conflict. It is about two groups of people who think they have a god-given right to the land. This is deeply relevant to the modern day, as you have people picking sides purely based on what religion they have, rather than any genuine desire for peace or any sound arguments whatsoever.

No rational person would blow themselves up for peace or as a way of resolving a dispute about land or nationality. This is the mark of a fundamentalist religion, not the actions of reasonable people.

I'm rather sick and tired of both sides in the dispute letting us all down.

As it is, if the issue was resolved as the situation was after WWII, in accordance with the UN, there could easily have been a two-state solution, even if the Israelis at the time were the majority population.

Would you not see it as another group has invaded and illegally occupied the land that rightfully belonged to the original members?
Original post by konvictz0007
Would you not see it as another group has invaded and illegally occupied the land that rightfully belonged to the original members?

Illegal according to what? I'm not sure Palestinians should give up their claim to land just because you consider the Islamic conquests of the 7th century to be illegal.

Fascists never like to mention who started it:
Original post by Multiculturalism
Fascists never like to mention who started it:

Exactly. There was peace for hundreds of years when it was called Palestine. At least no fighting between the muslims, christians and jews there. Now Jeruzalem is under Hebrew control and see how dire the situation there is.
[video="youtube;66-RKWKI_yY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66-RKWKI_yY[/video]

Latest