Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anybody else with memory problems?

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016

My memory has been getting (noticeably) worse over the last week or two. Has anyone else here had issues with their memory? If so, what did you find out was the cause?

It's a mix of issues for me. I know it gets worse when I have depression. (I've had weeks where I don't remember anything) I've got a head injury plus other brain issues; so have memory issues from that.

Yes, I have found that my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be. I don't know why though.

Are you in therapy? That can contribute.

Stress, flashbacks/trauma responses, lack of sleep, distraction.

Honestly there's so many reasons your memory could be less functional. Nevermind just normal fluctuations. It would depend on the severity and the length of time you'd been having that trouble.

Yes i was at the doctors two weeks ago and she diagnosed me with something i cant recall the name

Horribly so.

It got really bad earlier in the semester - I'd go to my 2 morning lectures, come home, make a cup of tea then wonder what I did in the morning. I had absolutely no recollection of these classes nevermind the material covered. It was totally blank. This made studying really difficult and my grades this semester aren't great.

I think the cause is a mixture of mental ill health and the medication I am on for aforementioned mental ill health.

My psychiatrist prescribed me intuniv for my memory a couple of months ago and it seems to be helping me. I'm finding studying easier and just generally I feel more clear mentally. I do get tiredness as an annoying side effect but I drink coffee and I'm all good.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.