The Student Room Group
Reply 1
hey, im doing ocr gcse economics too. i just downloaded the specification from the ocr website and was seeing what u had to be able to know for the exam. but the most common questions will be "is inflation gd for the economy?", "evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of economic growth", "what would be the effects if the UK joined the euro", so just learn those and other pretty well and u'll do fine. for the case study paper u need to do a lot of research on the housing market...
I didn't do economics at GCSE, but I have done my AS exam. I think the best thing to do is get a copy of the syllabus, ensure that you know exactly what it says you need to know. After that, just keep doing past papers.
Reply 3
Does research on the housing market actually help much? Or is it better to study the case study material as closely as possible?
Reply 4
Danish
Does research on the housing market actually help much? Or is it better to study the case study material as closely as possible?

i feel the case study is absolute *******s, we did the last years paper with last years case study, its basically exactly the same as paper 2, however with the case study i guess you can guess the possible questions if you wanted
Reply 5
Danish

well just note down relevant details for each figure. like for the first figure which shows the prices of houses in the UK, write down why prices are higher in london cos of the demand etc. do tht for every figure writing down why the figure shows what it shows.