The Student Room Group

So worried now (French AQA Listening)

I have always been an A* french student and my exam is in 2 weeks. I have A* in my controlled assessment and always get A* in reading. I've always been weaker on listening, getting a B or an A but I have always been confident I can still get an A* overall. Tonight, I did the 2015 listening paper and got a C, a C!! I know this is still a pass but I feel so worried for my exam now. I have been very stressed today due to things at home and am trying to tell myself this is why I did so badly, but I can't help worrying. How can I practice more for the listening paper, I've done all of the other past papers? Thank you :frown:
Reply 1
Do not stress too much if you are 2/3 grades below your target in the listening papers, that's to be expected as it is by far the hardest skill. I managed an A* overall and that was with a borderline B in listening. More practice can only help bit what was also a massive help for me was learning the most common connectives/qualifiers/adjectives that came up time and again. Learning those rather than pointlessly choosing vocab is much more useful in helping you to "guesstimate" what is being said for those times you're not 100% sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Adam_98
Do not stress too much if you are 2/3 grades below your target in the listening papers, that's to be expected as it is by far the hardest skill. I managed an A* overall and that was with a borderline B in listening. More practice can only help bit what was also a massive help for me was learning the most common connectives/qualifiers/adjectives that came up time and again. Learning those rather than pointlessly choosing vocab is much more useful in helping you to "guesstimate" what is being said for those times you're not 100% sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I do normally get an A or a B it's just frightened me that I got a C I will focus on those, thankyou. I lost most of the marks on the question where you have to listen to the passage and answer both questions on it, I guess I just got lost, surprised myself and got almost full marks on the answer in English ones though. Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest