The Student Room Group

Looking for London students to house share

Hi! My name is Dawn and I will be going into my 3rd year of Uni in September. I study at University of the Arts London. I am looking to move into a house with a few other like minded students. You don't have to go to my uni or even study art, I would love to get to know people who study different courses! Here's what you should know about me:

I'm originally from South Africa, but when I'm not in London I live with my family in Southampton. I'm 20 years old, I'm super friendly, sociable and really into my music, Like most students I love partying and going out so I'm looking for fun people to live with! I thought I should also mention that I am a smoker, just in case this bothers anyone.

I'm also very clean and tidy, and a great cook too!! My uni campuses are based within zone 1 of London so I would not want to move any further than zone 2. Currently in west London, but I am looking to move to East, perhaps Bethnal Green area. Drop me a message if you are interested. Hopefully we can get a group together and grab a drink somewhere to see if we'd all be compatible housemates!
Hello! My name is Chris, i'm 21 and i'm currently studying Product & Furniture design at Kingston University in south London. Looking to move closer to London and then commute in the morning. I would like to live in south London in zone 2 so ideally in the Brixton, Stockwell, Peckham or Vauxhall area. Im really easy going and can get on with pretty much anyone. I like listening to music, skateboarding and all things art and design. Budget would be around the 500 - 560 a month. Let me know if your looking for something similar in the same sort of area.

Original post by dawnlimbu
Hi! My name is Dawn and I will be going into my 3rd year of Uni in September. I study at University of the Arts London. I am looking to move into a house with a few other like minded students. You don't have to go to my uni or even study art, I would love to get to know people who study different courses! Here's what you should know about me:

I'm originally from South Africa, but when I'm not in London I live with my family in Southampton. I'm 20 years old, I'm super friendly, sociable and really into my music, Like most students I love partying and going out so I'm looking for fun people to live with! I thought I should also mention that I am a smoker, just in case this bothers anyone.

I'm also very clean and tidy, and a great cook too!! My uni campuses are based within zone 1 of London so I would not want to move any further than zone 2. Currently in west London, but I am looking to move to East, perhaps Bethnal Green area. Drop me a message if you are interested. Hopefully we can get a group together and grab a drink somewhere to see if we'd all be compatible housemates!
Hello! My name is Chris, i'm 21 and i'm currently studying Product & Furniture design at Kingston University in south London. Looking to move closer to London and then commute in the morning. I would like to live in south London in zone 2 so ideally in the Brixton, Stockwell, Peckham or Vauxhall area. Im really easy going and can get on with pretty much anyone. I like listening to music, skateboarding and all things art and design. Budget would be around the 500 - 560 a month. Let me know if your looking for something similar in the same sort of area. Would ideally like to start the tenancy around august, earliest in july.
Hi Dawn. My names Tabetha I will be going to UAL this September. It will be my first year but I will be 19 as I deferred a year. I will be studying Illustration and Visual media at LCC. I'm looking into accommodation at the moment and will probably be renting privately as the university halls are so expensive. I am also very clean and tidy, and a great cook! I am vegetarian but have lived with meat eaters my whole life so I can cook meat. I would like to be in the Southwark district near Elephant and castle if possible to cut down on travel costs. If you don't mind me asking: what course will you be studying? and which campus? I don't smoke, but I don't mind smokers as long as they don't smoke inside.
Hello

I'm starting University as a first year student in September at Ravensbourne. I don't particularly want to live in the doorms so i would be interested to do a house share.
Hi!
My name is Mel and I study Psychology at Goldsmiths- I'm looking for a house share near peckham/ new cross/ nunhead.
My budget is around 150/170 pw :smile:
Hey,I don't know if you're still looking but I will be studying at London met from September so looking for a house share too :smile:
Original post by badaboom3000
Hi!
My name is Mel and I study Psychology at Goldsmiths- I'm looking for a house share near peckham/ new cross/ nunhead.
My budget is around 150/170 pw :smile:

Hello Mel,

From your post it seems we are looking for more or less the same thing for budget and location. Let me know if your interested in finding something :smile:.

Chris
Original post by rosiestars
Hey,I don't know if you're still looking but I will be studying at London met from September so looking for a house share too :smile:

Hi there,

Congrats on your offer at London Met, what is it you will be studying? I am also a student here and moved from Northern Ireland so had to sort out accomodation. Let me know if you need any advice or help, our university has an accommodation bureau with different options for you.

I didn't actually stay in halls when I first moved here, I moved in with a friend and then found another place with an estage agents with new friends I had made. It's not as hard as it seems, you can get sorted pretty quickly and if you're really stuck there is always Airbnb for meantime and Gumtree is also a good place to look.

Let me know if you have any questions or need help with areas. I'd be happy to offer my advice and experience.

Kyle :u:
Hi,

I'm Freddy i'm 22 and i will be going in to my second year in September. I don't know if your still looking for housemates but i would be very interested. I have worked as a chef previously so i know how to cook!, my interests are photography, music and i guess computer games. i'm very tidy i am a smoker.

My budget is £160-£200 per week, and I am going to have to be commuting where ever i live so it doesn't really bother me where i end up. Ideally zone 1-2 though, and preferably on a good line DLR ?

Also i am working at Eat, so you know expect copious amounts of free food.

Let me know if anyone is interested and i will PM you my phone number.

Freddy.
Hi, I'm Nikolai. 23 year old Norwegian, starting Music Performance and Production at UEL in september. I'd be interested in a place in zone 1/2. My campus will be in Stratford.

Main interest is music, obviously. I am a singer/songwriter/guitarist/bassist/harmonica-ist(?), who loves punk rock, folk and rock&roll. I also actively train and compete in martial arts (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / MMA). I can be tidy when I want to, non smoker. I'd like to live as cheaply as possible. Maximum budget is around £180 p/w.

If you're still looking, let me know.

Nik.
Reply 11
Hey, my name is Elizaveta (18) and i am a violinist starting at the Royal College of Music (South Kensington) in September. I am looking for a room to move into in september, hopefully sharing living space with some fun people :smile: my aim is to find something as cheap and central (ie zones 1-2) as possible! I am originally from Belarus, so I guess some Russian training could be considered an advantage of living with me? I am generally tidy, a non-smoker, out-going and hopefully easy to get on with :smile:

It'd be lovely to hear from/meet anyone who's still looking! Just message me on fb (Elizaveta Saul)
Hi!
I'm Jess and I'm going into my third year studying Fashion Journalism at UAL (London College of Fashion). I'm looking for people to house share with, as I'm returning from taking a year out! I'm open to living anywhere, but preferably within zones 1-2 and my maximum budget is around £150 a week.
To fellow graduating music students!
I am a recent graduate from RWCMD and I am returning to London in hope to live with fellow minded musicians who do not mind living with an oboist. I am clean, tidy and respectful of other peoples privacy. If anyone has a spare room or would like to 'buddy up' to find a place together please do not hesitate to contact me.
Reply 14
Hi!
I'm starting my first year at Birckbek College in October and I was looking for flats to rent with other students. Preferably zone 2. Since I haven't got a job yet my budget's 100/110 pw.
Let me know if you're interested.
I'm tidy and clean. I also enjoy cooking.
Stefania
Reply 15
Original post by rosiestars
Hey, I'm starting London Met also in September! Have you found a house share yet?
Original post by Jessica__a
Hi!
I'm Jess and I'm going into my third year studying Fashion Journalism at UAL (London College of Fashion). I'm looking for people to house share with, as I'm returning from taking a year out! I'm open to living anywhere, but preferably within zones 1-2 and my maximum budget is around £150 a week.

Hey Jess, My name is Chris and i'm studying BA Product & Furniture Design at Kingston University. Im also coming back from a year out on Erasmus studying in Hungary. I'll probably need to be in zone 2 also and your budget is the same as mine. My degree is quite arts related so i suppose we have that in common lol.

You'l probs wana scope people out before you commit to living with them, so if you feel like a chat let me know!

Chris
Reply 17
Original post by zuodi
Hi!
I'm starting my first year at Birckbek College in October and I was looking for flats to rent with other students. Preferably zone 2. Since I haven't got a job yet my budget's 100/110 pw.
Let me know if you're interested.
I'm tidy and clean. I also enjoy cooking.
Stefania

Hey Stefania! If things don't work out with this post, I am also looking for a place with a cheaper weekly rent, perhaps 120-130 would be preferable! Let me know if you find anywhere and are in need of housemates. :smile: Best of luck with your house hunting!

Quick Reply