The Student Room Group

I'm going to fail AS?

I've been suffering with depression for a long time so I find it really hard to stay motivated and generally have control over my life. I'm taking AQA Sociology, AQA English Literature, Business Studies & WJEC Media Studies. My first exam is in 14 days exactly and I'm going to fail. I've got E's for ages now and I really don't know what to do with myself, I need C's but it's too late? Any ideas or past experiences?
Too late, focus on doing better next year. You're lucky because courses are linear now, so you still have a chance.
Cram the bloody textbook!
I was in a similar situation last year when I was doing my GCSE's and I ended up doing all - nighters for all my exams. Don't listen to anyone who says its too late. You can still make a difference. It's really hard to work when your suffering from depression but its not impossible. Believe in yourself!! Firstly, make a revision timetable and list all the things that are most important to cover.

Secondly, as hard as it is you must make revision fun. Find videos on youtube. revise with friends (if it works), go to the library but don't forget that your wellbeing comes first. It's not the end of the world if you fail (something which took me ages to realize)

I'm not doing any of your subjects so I don't have any specific revision tips :frown:

Good Luck!!
if you have any questions or need help message me :smile:
Original post by PrincessChloe_
I've been suffering with depression for a long time so I find it really hard to stay motivated and generally have control over my life. I'm taking AQA Sociology, AQA English Literature, Business Studies & WJEC Media Studies. My first exam is in 14 days exactly and I'm going to fail. I've got E's for ages now and I really don't know what to do with myself, I need C's but it's too late? Any ideas or past experiences?

pump out past papers like a b****
Work, work, work.

Go over spec and check you know every point --> past papers --> go over what you didnt get in the past papers in the tetbook --> redo past papers to make sure you get 100% the second time round

If you take no days off, avoid distractions, do only minimal rests and be strict with yourself you will manage, I promise you.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest