The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham vs University of Birmingham

So, I have offers for medicine for both schools, i'd love if anyone could give me their view of the strengths of either one, or their opinion of which choice is the better one.
March Out :biggrin:
Do you really want to live in Birmingham? :tongue:

I'd go Notts based on the city alone but I'm not sure how the medical courses compare. Since the GMC is pretty strict about standards, surely the only other real factor is which of the two you prefer. Have you visited?
Reply 2
Birmingham is a great institution and on academic merit alone is a great choice. However, It is a bit of a **** hole based on personal experience. I'm sure it has some nice parts. In contrast, Nottingham is also a good institution and is much less of a **** hole, again based on personal experience.
Reply 3
Interesting perspectives on Birmingham. Personally I've always found Nottingham to be more of a shithole myself

My brother failed out of Nottingham med school so I would recommend against it purely for that reason, hah
Reply 4
What did you decide? I have offers from Notts (AAB), Birmingham (AAA), Southampton (AAA) and Aberdeen (AAA) for Medicine. Any suggestions? As an international student, I have no idea about any of the unis or cities!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending