Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bad guy 2 years later.

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Basically two years ago I had broken up with my ex. I'd cheated on her about a year beforehand and we'd been together for two years in total, all our ups and downs where directly related to this. I'd been the bad guy and as such she'd found someone else and it lead to the breakup.

Recently due to some people at work I can't get my mind off the relationship, however I had been thinking about it for the last couple of months anyway, just their "what ever happened to X" have made it even worse.

It's incredibly painful and despite never behaving in such a disrespectful manner in relationships before or since, I have to accept I was despicable in acting how I did. I know deep down that nothing I will ever do will fix my mistakes or bring her back, however I've just had to break up with a second relationship since then due to still feeling completely heartbroken over this girl.

Yes it's my own fault, and yes I was a horrific person, however while I find plenty of tips on how to get over being cheated on, but none for the other side. Is there anything I can do to stop this affecting future relationships? I know as a 'bad guy' I may garner some negative responses, and you're more than welcome to do so, but I'm at my wits end here.

Idk about tips for getting over it, but for what it's worth you seem sincere and I doubt you'd make the same mistake again.
    Are you still in contact with her? The mistake has been made and you can't erase what you did, but you could give her closure. I bet she'd like an explanation or apology if she hasn't already had one for you. It might help to balance things out a little and help you move on.

To both responses.....

Nope no contact in about a year,while ending well the post breakup environment went incredibly sour. Apologies where given initially and my arrogance at the time made me place her in the same light as myself, when in reality I'd already broken her and forced her towards someone else. I can't honestly blame her, despite what other people say. We've since had further fall-outs, one being around one of her family members, and we no longer live near each other due to ending uni a year ago.

I suppose the TLDR version would be "I'm still crazy about someone, how to I get over them? Mostly seeing most of the tips don't really apply to me seeing it was my fault". I've moved on per se, just can't get past the idea of being in a relationship with anyone else.....

Yeah, it's your ****ing fault.

The reason there's no tips for the other side of the fence is because that's where degenerates live.

Face it, it's never coming back. Just don't ruin the life of the next person who comes along.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.