The Student Room Group

good high schools still considering applications?

Hello, I'm not currently in the UK but would like to get into a local high school on a year 12 level. I'm rly not familiar with this system though, so could anyone please helppp and give me good addresses?
Reply 1
op you should state the city you intend to be living in.
Reply 2
Original post by k.m.b
op you should state the city you intend to be living in.

London!
Original post by baeva
Hello, I'm not currently in the UK but would like to get into a local high school on a year 12 level. I'm rly not familiar with this system though, so could anyone please helppp and give me good addresses?

Where are you coming from? What will your residency status be? What qualifications will you have achieved before arrival? Are you looking for a state school or will you be paying for a private education?
Even if you are eligible to attend, good state schools in London are very popular and will be hard to get into with such a late application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
Where are you coming from? What will your residency status be? What qualifications will you have achieved before arrival? Are you looking for a state school or will you be paying for a private education?
Even if you are eligible to attend, good state schools in London are very popular and will be hard to get into with such a late application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Madagascar - an equivalent GCSE + french baccalaureate - i'm looking for a state school!
I knowwww :frown: however it's mainly to get used to the UK's system and be close to universities I want to go to. So do you think I could still, say, enter some less known state schools in London? Would you have specific places?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING
Original post by baeva
Madagascar - an equivalent GCSE + french baccalaureate - i'm looking for a state school!
I knowwww :frown: however it's mainly to get used to the UK's system and be close to universities I want to go to. So do you think I could still, say, enter some less known state schools in London? Would you have specific places?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING

As far as I know people from Madagascar are not able to travel to the uk and claim a state funded education. Unless you intend to pay for your education at a private school or college I don't think your plan is feasible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by gdunne42
As far as I know people from Madagascar are not able to travel to the uk and claim a state funded education. Unless you intend to pay for your education at a private school or college I don't think your plan is feasible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

even if i'm a french citizen?
Original post by baeva
even if i'm a french citizen?

As a French citizen resident in the uk you would be able to apply to attend a state school or college to study A levels if you are between 16-19. I don't know any way to apply for a place if you are not yet living in the uk.

There is a huge number of schools and colleges in London and the surrounding area. I don't personally know any that are still accepting applications for next year. Someone else may be able to help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
that's what i needed to know! i have family living there so they should be able to register me somewhere :smile: thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest