The Student Room Group

Vaping Society in Uni

Hi

So me and a friend are trying to open up a new society within our university. We want to open a vaping society. We are wondering what aims and objectives we should do yearly for our vaping society. Plus what do you think should be the membership fee for it, I don't know if we would even need one. On top of this, what should we even call it or just call it 'Vaping Society'

Regards
Call it "Vape nation"

Reply 2
Lol i watched the guy as well so jokes lol. What do you think should we do as the aims and objectives as we have to formally speak with our university society president about it in order to discuss it so that they can aprove of it
#UniversityVapeCulture
Reply 4
Original post by Terry Tibbs
Call it "Vape nation"

Original post by Wilfred Little
#UniversityVapeCulture

But what about any aims and objectves?
If you can't think of any aims and objectives for a society then you probably shouldn't be starting one...
Reply 6
thanks for the help so far but i would like to know some aims and objectives its just because i havent looked at any whatsoever
Reply 7
??
Original post by Karol2573
thanks for the help so far but i would like to know some aims and objectives its just because i havent looked at any whatsoever

Maybe you should look into it further before approaching the SU president. Running a society is going to be a lot of work, so if you're not willing to put some work in to research this then perhaps running the society isn't for you.

You must have a reason for wanting to start the society, even if it's just to hang out with other people who vape and talk about vaping- so that's your aim. I guess objectives would be more specific, so specific activities you'd like to put on, maybe how often you'd like to meet, the sort of environment/culture you'd like the society to provide?

The membership fee I guess would aim to cover your costs, so before setting a fee you'd need to work out what costs you might have, then divide that by roughly the number of people you'd expect to sign up.

Quick Reply

Latest