The Student Room Group

If you saw a dream that warned you of a future event, would you act up on it?

E.g. a plane crash for a flight you have tickets booked for? Would you cancel?

That your friend or relative will die in a car crash if they go to a certain place? Would you ask them not to go or take an alternative route?

If you were Pilate's wife and your dream warned you not to crucify Jesus? :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How would you know that the dream was a prediction, and not just a dream?
i dreamt that Emma Watson is going to marry me....
Yes I would. Haven't you watched Final destination ?
I had a dream last night that my cousins mom shouted at me when I went to her house so I'm avoiding going to her house although my cousin isnt really speaking to me anyway and her mom has already shouted at me over the phone so...
Original post by the bear
i dreamt that Emma Watson is going to marry me....

awwwwwww that's never gonna happen buddy :console:
Original post by AhmedMA99

but then death will come after you anyway :afraid:

that movie is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 8
Original post by bluemadhatter
I had a dream last night that my cousins mom shouted at me when I went to her house so I'm avoiding going to her house although my cousin isnt really speaking to me anyway and her mom has already shouted at me over the phone so...

Spooky. You should go just to see if it will happen?
Original post by LibertyMan
Spooky. You should go just to see if it will happen?

I dont want to be shouted at
Reply 10

Is this a film?
Original post by M14B
Is this a film?

By the time he replies you could've set it to torrent and watched some smartass movie critic tell you what was bad about it
I'd give my tickets to someone I disliked.
I sometimes have the same dream twice but if something bad happens in the first dream then I change it is that weird?
I once dreamed I was getting captured by romans and I had to run and hide
in the first time I went one way and got caught but when I dreamed the same dream again I went the other way and didn't xx
Reply 14
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
I'd give my tickets to someone I disliked.

PRSOM :rofl:

What I was thinking lol
I have done. I always dream about myself and my real life, but each oof the rare times I've had dreams about celebrities shortly after they die.
Eg Prince and Amy Winehouse. Beforehand I never have ever dream about them. Didn't have one about MJ though.

As for my personal life like I dreamt I'd have a fight or truce with someone and then it happens the next day
I dream about present useful realistic stuff. I've never acted on em because they happen on their own and I realise it's like deja vu.

I thought those were the sources for his first two examples. :tongue:

The third one just confused me and put me out of the loop.
yeah I would stop myself from doing it. Im superstitious like that though ... :h:
Original post by scnotcrazy
I sometimes have the same dream twice but if something bad happens in the first dream then I change it is that weird?
I once dreamed I was getting captured by romans and I had to run and hide
in the first time I went one way and got caught but when I dreamed the same dream again I went the other way and didn't xx

I think that might be some element of lucid dreaming and self-awareness in a dream, making you change your behaviour in it.

Original post by 0to100
I have done. I always dream about myself and my real life, but each oof the rare times I've had dreams about celebrities shortly after they die.
Eg Prince and Amy Winehouse. Beforehand I never have ever dream about them. Didn't have one about MJ though.

You know, that's so common it's scary. I hear a lot of stories about people seeing celebrities sign a contract in their dreams, and then when they turn on the news, that celebrity has died.

I remember that I've never really listened to Michael Jackson my whole life, and one night, I decide to look him up and check his songs out. What night was that? The night before he died. Exactly.
If it was me buying a lottery ticket... then yes.
(I never play lottery)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending