The Student Room Group

Bipolar Disorder?

Have any of you all ever had / have bipolar disorder? how did you realise you had it and what have you done since?

Thanks
I've not had bipolar disorder, but you may get more response by posting this in the Mental Health Support Society thread (found in the mental health forum). I'm pretty sure there are people with bipolar disorder there that wouldn't mind talking about it. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Have any of you all ever had / have bipolar disorder? how did you realise you had it and what have you done since?

Thanks

It's overdiagnosed. But obviously, people who truly do have it, often need medications to help stabilise their moods, lithium being the most common.
Original post by Anonymous

Thanks

I have been diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder which has many elements of Bipolar. It was diagnosed when I was in a psychotic crisis. Personally I didn't anticipate it as I didn't have much insight, but my girlfriend took me to the doctors and that. I had previously had mood swings, but that was put down to another illness. Since then I have been taking medication which has helped, and also had therapy, which was very helpful. I've got a lot better over time, and now I am back at university. If you feel you have it, make sure you check it out with a doctor.
Reply 4
Thanks for all your inputs guys. I really appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest