The Student Room Group

Getting a B at AS

Hello,

I'm looking to apply to a top university (Cambridge or Warwick ) to read mathematics. I'm currently doing A-Levels in Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Computer science and an AS level in physics. I'm predicted A*'s in all except physics where A is the top grade. I'm very unsure about the physics AS and think theres a possibility that I'd get a B, would this completely jepodise my chances of getting into Cambridge?

Many Thanks,
-Tom
Reply 1
Original post by tumnuss
Hello,

I'm looking to apply to a top university (Cambridge or Warwick ) to read mathematics. I'm currently doing A-Levels in Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Computer science and an AS level in physics. I'm predicted A*'s in all except physics where A is the top grade. I'm very unsure about the physics AS and think theres a possibility that I'd get a B, would this completely jepodise my chances of getting into Cambridge?

Many Thanks,
-Tom

No, it's fine. :smile:

Don't forget you will have STEP also. That's much more important than Physics.
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
No, it's fine. :smile:

Are you sure? I still have time to drop the AS before the exams.
Reply 3
Original post by tumnuss
Are you sure? I still have time to drop the AS before the exams.

Don't drop it.

There is a 2016 offer holder with AABD at AS. In respectively Maths, FM, Physics, Chem.

They are only interested in your maths, but IMHO your CV will look better for future employers if you have a 4th AS even if its "only" a B.

Quick Reply

Latest