The Student Room Group

Should european women dress modestly to accommodate other cultures?

Poll

Should they dress modestly?

Italy :

Germany :

http://www.thelocal.de/20150626/refugee-school-calls-for-uniform-modesty

''A school in Bavaria has sent a letter home to parents warning them not to let their daughters wear revealing blouses or short skirts, because emergency accommodation for refugees has been set up next to the gym''

Cliffs: men from other cultures can't help themselves if they see a woman showing skin or even curves under tight clothing so if a woman gets harassed/raped/worse it's pretty much her fault since men can't help themselves.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We already know where this thread is going.
Reply 2
oh, i'm going for popcorn and coke.
Reply 3
Original post by HAnwar
We already know where this thread is going.
Do you think that the way a woman dresses makes her, in any way at all, responsible if she suffers any kind of sexual assault? Yes or no.

The fact that you (and others) will either obfuscate or completely avoid answering is part of the reason why these threads keep popping up.
G8 b8 m8. I r8 8/8
**** this I'm taking bait. Hell no and of course it would be Muslims taking issue. It's hypocritical as **** to say white people or anyone should change how they dress when if you dare say that to a Muslim all hell breaks loose. **** that, let everyone dress how they want, which would mean including Muslims and non-Muslims. But I will never sit still and let anyone think they need to start controlling because say they need to be "accommodated."
Original post by QE2
Do you think that the way a woman dresses makes her, in any way at all, responsible if she suffers any kind of sexual assault? Yes or no.

The fact that you (and others) will either obfuscate or completely avoid answering is part of the reason why these threads keep popping up.

Amen
Reply 7
Original post by QE2

This, this and this again. Getting a straight, honest answer from some ''cultures'' is like pulling teeth from a chicken.
No. But this assumes that women in the West don't already dress modestly when most of them do.
Reply 9
Original post by 0to100
**** this I'm taking bait. Hell no and of course it would be Muslims taking issue. It's hypocritical as **** to say white people or anyone should change how they dress when if you dare say that to a Muslim all hell breaks loose. **** that, let everyone dress how they want, which would mean including Muslims and non-Muslims. But I will never sit still and let anyone think they need to start controlling because say they need to be "accommodated."

There is no bait. The fact that many europeans themselves think they need to bend over in order to never offend makes this question far from rhetorical (which it should be without any hesitation) . The unbelievable cover ups of Koln, Rotherham and many other events like them are perfect examples. If anything, we have too many perfect examples.
Should they dress 'modestly.'Simple answer, yes.

The reality of the situation is what it is, should they have to, no.. It's simply safer for women to dress 'modestly' and preferably go with male chaperons in many parts of Europe now, can you imagine what this summer is going to be like for young German girls and women when they attempt to strip down into bikinis or hot pants.......... yeah, they should wear burkas or they will be assaulted by Muslims.
Reply 11
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
No. But this assumes that women in the West don't already dress modestly when most of them do.

That's true, assuming ''modesty'' is a universal concept, which it isn't... kind of like saying a moderate muslim is the same as a moderate 21st century westerner.
Original post by Erebor
There is no bait. The fact that many europeans themselves think they need to bend over in order to never offend makes this question far from rhetorical (which it should be without any hesitation) . The unbelievable cover ups of Koln, Rotherham and many other events like them are perfect examples. If anything, we have too many perfect examples.

You mean the child sex thing in Rot? Yea that's a complete shame.
But moving back to what I said, it really boils my blood when I'm gonna say it immigrants get gobby about what the native citizens should be doing. If I went to an Islamic country they'd actually kill you for stepping a hair out of order.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

Lol exactly. I cant bother to watch that vid but I bet what they're getting at is inching people to dress like them, like this is ****ing Afghanistan
Original post by Erebor

Cliffs: men from other cultures can't help themselves if they see a woman showing skin or even curves under tight clothing so if a woman gets harassed/raped/worse it's pretty much her fault since men can't help themselves.

This is ridiculous! men can be attracted even if there's no skin showing and loose clothing. Look at all these creepy hijab fetishes.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Should they dress 'modestly.'Simple answer, yes.

The reality of the situation is what it is, should they have to, no.. It's simply safer for women to dress 'modestly' and preferably go with male chaperons in many parts of Europe now, can you imagine what this summer is going to be like for young German girls and women when they attempt to strip down into bikinis or hot pants.......... yeah, they should wear burkas or they will be assaulted by Muslims.

This is one most popular arab singer, is she wearing burka whats even more is she is from muslim country.
Reply 16
Original post by 0to100
You mean the child sex thing in Rot? Yea that's a complete shame.
But moving back to what I said, it really boils my blood when I'm gonna say it immigrants get gobby about what the native citizens should be doing. If I went to an Islamic country they'd actually kill you for stepping a hair out of order.

That's what I mean, in many muslim countries you can't even hold hands with your wife while in Europe we are supposed to bend over at the smallest hint of ''intolerance''..
Original post by BinyQuan

This is one most popular arab singer, is she wearing burka whats even more is she is from muslim country.

Silly prick better get a grip.

This doesn't change the facts, Muslims will be attacking young German girls all over Germany as the temperature rises and they begin to dress 'immodestly'. Also the culture of Muslim men objectifying and assaulting 'immodest' women (especially non-Muslim women) is widely known, so you can sell your false narratives elsewhere.

I am applying the statistical averages to the masses, you're applying individual cases with extreme generalizations and conjecture

"Here is a picture of a Muslim woman not wearing a Burka and she isn't being attacked in the picture, also there are lots of Muslims there but they are in the picture"............. the logic of a child.
No /thread
Original post by Erebor
That's what I mean, in many muslim countries you can't even hold hands with your wife while in Europe we are supposed to bend over at the smallest hint of ''intolerance''..

Yea I was definitely agreeing with you, I only called it bait because all the [Muslims] posters in the thread commented like you were trolling.

Quick Reply

Latest